Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

yeah i see.

1 Like

9-47 is a new-built aircraft.It has not been rebuilt 9-15

Haha, i finally have my sim stuff set up again so i can resume my tests soon tm - sorry i didnt get back to u earlier lol

3 Likes

yes the 9-15 154 was rebuilt to be a prototype for what became the MiG-29M2

All good don’t worry, if you need help I’m sure everyone around here will be willing to do so !

Hopefully we can get a fixed MiG-29 soon !

1 Like

despite having written that part of the suggestion I don’t remember if it was only 156 or both of them that got the better RWR. What I am certain of is that both of them were “born” with the Spo-15T (minimal improvement over normal Spo-15) but at least 156 was later upgraded to the Spo-150

4 Likes

@MiG_23M, Tagged you again as you asked, was also wondering something weird with the instructor regarding the 29, it doesn’t pull much AoA at low speed compared to the F-15 and F-16, is there a reason for it ?

F-16 has FM from ufo.

4 Likes

Because the instructor settings for the MiG-29 are dogshit, if it pulled a few degrees less of AoA it would rate better and have massively better energy retention, if it pulled a few degrees more it would have a consistent 1 circle advantage.

In general aircraft performance in air RB for high tier jets is significantly defined not only by the flight model but also from instructor settings.

6 Likes

Are you doing so in full real or in mouse aim? If mouse aim, it is due to instructor.
In full real, the MiG-29 can sustain only around 26 degrees AoA whereas the F-15 can handle 30-35 realistically. The MiG-29 is not a sustained AoA fighter even if it can handle some high alpha.

Some tasks have come up this weekend, I will try to get after the report this week.

3 Likes

In reality, he has no limitations on the device…9-19 has a limit of 28 degrees…
9-13/9-19…

Spoiler

Mouse aim, and it feels like the instructor is preventing the aircraft from doing much sometimes

4 Likes

So yeah It would explain why the FM is so inconsistent and behave the way it does…

3 Likes

So from what I assume, the best way to improve the 29, aside from @skilz2kil report, would be to rework the instructor ?

4 Likes

I have never seen anyone explain the issues with SU/MİG instructors so well

1 Like

The MiG 29 9-12 has a pitch kicker but can be pushed at lower speeds, with a good pilot it can go over the soft limit. But 99% of his pilots didn’t go over the soft limit.
F-15 with analog CAS has no soft limit, steady state AoA is up to 40 AoA depending on center of gravity position. At very low speeds below 100 knots, even more AoA.

1 Like

Did the community ever report the mig29 trash instructor? Ik it may get marked as “not a bug” or “suggestion” but what if they come into their senses and revise It? Maybe it’s worth to try, I just don’t know how it could be done, in the end the instructor is 100% dependent on the dev’s idea of balance…

4 Likes

Yes Gio is 100% right If you select realistic controls and try to rate while pulling less aoa than the instructor (which pulls 21.9 degrees at 300-500 kph) you’ll get a bit more deg/sec while you’ll notice that the plane will also bleed much less energy. The trash performance might be a mix between bad instructor and the oswald coefficient, but idk much about the second so i don’t talk much about it

4 Likes

İmma start playing SU and MİG with HOTAS in RB now lol

2 Likes
  1. Which F-15 do you mean?
  2. The AOA measurement for the F-15 is always given in conventional units (do not correspond to the true angle of attack in degrees)…
Spoiler

Снимок экрана 2024-07-22 034020
Снимок экрана 2024-07-22 034530

3.Do you have the Document “Test Report 9-12”?..I think not, so we focus on the readings of the instrument in the cockpit (let me remind you of the limitation on the instrument for the MiG-29SMT (9-19) = 28 degrees)…
4.Cabin 9-12/9-12G(Germany/Poland)/9-12A(upgraded Polish)…

Spoiler

1а

P.S…continued tomorrow…
миг-29-120 иап-домна

3 Likes