Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

You need to compare what it shows on localhost, WRTI and in the cockpit

Sorry i didnt get back to u on that, am still a bit busy till end of next week so couldnt test it yet haha. Good to see you got to it though, i suppose thats just even more evidence of the Nx figures in warthunder are incorrect compared to the practical aerodynamics charts. Seems the jet simply does not produce or retain enough energy at lower speeds in a turn or even in level flight

1 Like

I think its inductive resistance is incorrect.As well as the engine thrust

yep, thats what i think as well

So that would mean some aircraft would underperform in certain area ? I haven’t keep up with the 29 FM since last changes were made and the aircraft felt better, so how good is the FM lately, is it somewhat accurate ??

By looking at the datamain code. The FM of the aircraft is made absolutely incompetent

2 Likes

its somewhat accurate to the sustained rate charts and nothing else, but even those it underperforms at lower speeds. Its induced drag is still massive, and still has issues actually producing excess energy at low speeds.

for reference here is my SEP testing against the 2km alt Nx chart so far - if your unfamiliar this is basically a measure of excess energy and has direct implications on how an aircraft will accelerate, climb and retain energy in turns.

Spoiler

Still gotta do more tests later but as you can see the curves are in general shifted towards the right and in the case of the 1g line (straight line acceleration) also drastically underperform in magnitude, meaning some particularly poor low speed performance (and in turn some overperforming acceleration at high speeds). Very much explains the current FM in game.

1 Like

Would it be possible for you to do the same tests with the su27? if you have time ofc

Yeah, i noticed the dev’s mention in some report comments a few days ago that similar Nx charts are available for the su27 - so as long as we can get them we should be able to test exactly the same way.

1 Like

i think @MiG_23M or @BBCRF have the su27 manual

WTRTI just takes results from local host, idk what cockpit shows but the Ny value should match with the turn results.

Real =0.856

I see, thanks for explaining, I may know a bit, and I’ve Been wandering in this chat for a long time, seems like the 29 is still underperforming by a long run in some areas… and it’s worrying.

My question would be are you gonna make a bug report about it, is there a chance the devs take this into account ? Would love to finally have a good MiG-29, something that behave similarly.

I’ve seen MiG-23M and Giovanex, BBCRF fix the aircraft over time but I hope it will get better soon thanks to work like yours ;)

1 Like

The SMT still flies like a bus but with this loadout it’s pretty vicious.

4 Likes

I have it English & Russian

2 Likes

send it to @skilz2kil maybe he can fix the 29s and su27s

2 Likes

I am down, he seems objective about these models. Willing to acknowledge their strengths & weaknesses.

I paid for them & I am down to send it to likeminded individuals for the cause, sure.

@skilz2kil message me, I can email it.

1 Like

Yeah - im gonna do everything i can to make sure the figures are sound and reportable before i do though, since im of the belief that they deliberately gimped the energy retention due to the r73’s - so i’d like to make mine pretty rock solid so they cant just throw it out. I also want to finish getting data on the rest of the curves - 3g, (finish 5G), 6, 7 & 8G. Along with completing my sustained rate testing as well, as i wanted some other suplimentary figures there too. That way it wouldn’t give much wiggle room for gaijin to just shift the problem to another untested area.

Then I’d like to also do some separate calculations to confirm WTRTI SEP numbers based on the local host data, just so gaijin cant toss the report out on the WRTRI only testing clause. But that would be easy enough as on all my tests i record all results from the in game cockpit, WTRTI output & localhost data in real time - so i can just go back through the footage to get the needed LH input values to calculate SEP myself for each datapoint. When i finish all that ill write up both a report for the big discrepancies according to the Nx chart, and a separate one for the sustained rate chart underperformance.

2 Likes

The stupid part any report using datamined info gets thrown out. i saw someone else try and report the mig29 OE and i think trickzter just instantly tossed it just for stating the current OE value from datamine - even though it was well sourced lol. Moronic, makes us test on all these other EM/Nx/SEP charts which only can infer OE numbers but we can’t even report the actual in game OE figure itself.

It would be so much easier to report the actual figures and in game fm curves directly through datamined info instead of doing all this ingame testing. Like we even have bots that generate full fm graphs on demand now - would save so much time.

3 Likes