Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Interesting, could you tell me about the issue with the zhuks? and how @BBCRF is working on the fm, I am a bit lost xdd

1 Like

I think like a solid 2000 posts here in this specific thread are just arguments between the same 2 people, honestly incredible

8 Likes

Thats how you know for sure you re at WT forum xD

4 Likes

We are not talking about angles of attack that are very common among military aircraft.

He said you have Autism Mig. He has Asperger’s syndrome @MaMoran20. Before you go misdiagnosing people.

Jerk.

Secondly at least he can hold more than a 3 post conversation. You can barely speak English my guy.
Lastly you guys are the ones obsessed with reading out conversations an arguments, because lets be honest they are entertaining af and we both get fan mail about it.

Yeah, and yet you come here and read every single post. Because whether you want to admit it or not.,

Me and Mig has generated a high interest in this platform with our back and forth bickering. It is hilarious at time and we both apologize as it gets over the top sometimes. But entertaining and educational it surely is.

Mods actively keep an eye on this thread and probably get a kick out verbal fencing we do on a daily basis. Woe is you; boohoo I am sorry.

Do you have anything to offer about the Mig29s Supermaneuvrability?

People Trip GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 Like

15 Likes

Did you look into the Yugoslavian manual?

1 Like

Unfortunately, work, a wife and two children leave little free time, and there are also other hobbies that you want to spend your time on. So not yet.

1 Like

No biggie, hopefully we can decipher some issues and add to the evidence so we can amend whatever issues might show

1 Like

i stand on the ziggys side xd

2 Likes

LMFAO this is classic.

But wayyy overexaggerated. Which I love.

Mig29 FM is the city in flames you forgot to put.

Additionally, you are absolutely right. It does not say what other degrees below are classified as supermaneuverable. You and @MiG_23M are correct.

But what it does cover is up to 60-degree alpha in the study of High maneuverability.

The author discuses supermaneuvrability at 90°, additionally most supermaneuverable regimes or “dynamic attainment” (I think all) consist of 90° maneuvers.

For example, the Pugachev’s Cobra is done properly at 90° and even a little flare of above. The Mig29 is capable as well as the Su27.

Pugachev GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

So it is appropriate to say that 90° is the standard. However, what other degrees fall under the ubrella of “supermaneuverable” I have yet to find. I am open to suggestions and your research.

F-18s and F-35s are incapable of doing this.
Sukhoisu35 GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Exact falling leaf that the Su57 did in Top Gun.
Pin on aircraft

The falling leaf is actually mentioned by name and the performance as well as how it’s done is described in the F/A-18A NATOPS. The FLCS has modes specifically to allow such maneuvers. Even the Cobra is possible, just not permitted. (It’s not permitted in the MiG-29 manual either).

2 Likes

Pugachev’s Cobra the F18 is incapable. Please show of 90 degrees but do it in the F-18 thread.

I am trying to get this aircraft its correct alpha and not turn this into an “America! F yeah!” Trump Rally. Thank you.

The Fulcrum is not capable of the falling leaf at 90 degrees as far as I know, but the F-18 is? If what you say is true, then we can monitor it when it’s released.

But in the meantime, the Mig29 is the issue at hand.

1 Like

What are you talking about. You know that is the bs excuse on behalf of devs.

You even posted a video of the Mig29 performing the cobra and the announcers were even stating that the Mig29 needs no flight control that the aircraft is so barebones and mechanically driven by the pilot even the airbrakes are pneumatic.

MY 1972 VW beetle uses pneumatic brakes. Completely mechanical.

1 Like

2 Likes

Can you guys imagine how utterly cool it would be to do this in Air RB while defeating an incoming missile with chaff/flare and slinging a HOB R73 at someone as they fly by?

Pin on aircraft

As you can see the Flanker immediately regains lift. The F-18 may perform a falling leaf but it’s not going to recover lift like the Flanker. I highly doubt.

Instead, it will fall for a while before it regains speed and lift due to its weak thrust and non-integral design.

2 Likes

That is why the F-18 is not considered supermaneuverable and lacks post stall capability. It cannot regain lift and keep going like the Fulcrum and Flanker.

High thrust to weight & engine-versus-inlet compatibility

The F-18 may do all the falling leaves in the world, but I guarantee you it will continue to fall for quite some time with nothing the pilot can do but wait until he recovers lift.

Does any of this make sense my brothers?

Movie gif. Will Ferrell as Mugatu from Zoolander flails his arms in anger as he shouts. Yellow block text, "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills."