Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

I agree, brother thanks.

I believe it is currently the same precision as N019 susceptible to same conditions. the Zhuk much should be better.

yep

1 Like
1 Like

So guys i have one question, are the R27T and R27ET’s flare resistance accurate? It feels strange cuz most of the time ppl can avoid it with 1 tap on the flare button. It’s just that i’m curious tho, if that thing had better flare resistance rn it would kill the game so i don’t want a buff for it

1 Like

I think its the same seeker on the R73 but i could be wrong

1 Like

Yes, they are accurate per primary sources.

Gaijin has denied the elevator pitch rate report.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/IcQPidJxJhxm

I was going to say, I dont think any plane has realistic controls speed movement.

1 Like

No.

Basically you only have flare resistance in rear aspect, and at relaltively short ranges. Above 2km it’s going to get flared easily.
Flares are also still pretty basic in game, leaving place for odd things to happen.

Imo it’s fine as long as it meets the other performance metrics. I would be interested to see if the MiG-29’s nose pitching rate is too high or not. I believe I read that it should pitch at some 60 deg/s acceleration in order to perform the “Cobra” properly.

In-game it appears to pitch too rapidly, in airshows the Cobra lasts quite some time longer (order of 5-6s) whereas in-game it is 2-3 maybe 4 if prolonged. It is interesting regardless.

@k_stepanovich This is a phenomenon I’ve noticed with all aircraft. Why is it that in-game they seem to pitch and stall almost abruptly whereas in real life… aircraft that could “Cobra” seem to hang in the air for a moment? I know you’re not the FM guy, but you’re more communicative. Perhaps you could ask your peers in the FM department?

The FM department needs to fix their crooked hands

It’s an arcade game, no need to be so harsh about it. They’re already taking steps towards more realism but it will remain an arcade game.

From day to day, from year to year, the players are doing the same thing, telling the developers what to fix it, despite the fact that there is almost all the documentation for the plane

They say the actual deflection rate (irrelevant of the animation) is 120 deg/s. This is overperforming, and would likely explain why the nose pitches up so rapidly already in spite of what the animation is showing. If you want it fixed, maybe they can reduce it for you.

But they don’t do it to any other plane really, so what are you asking? More realism? It’s an arcade game.

FM is trash for all mig29s it seems, amazing

4 Likes

That’s not the case, they’re already very accurate. At the very least they’re in a better state than flight sims like DCS had them and war thunder’s not even a sim.

It’s bad only in RB because of the instructor in SIM it performs very good and it’s accurate, that’s not saying much tho cuz very few ppl play that mode, it’s mostly dead

This may be news to you, but gaijin entertainment positions the game as a simulator

Spoiler

1 Like

You can try to use that award loosely, it’s an arcade game. It’s stated as such, Gaijin themselves have never posited the game as a flight sim.