Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Understood

totally forgot about roll. Something I absolutely despise about the Mig29 especially the SMT.

1 Like

You can see the difference in how smoothly and accurately the control deflections are applied on a real world MiG-29 and the in-game model as well. This video wouldn’t be usable in the report because it’s not the exact same model we have in the game… but I don’t think that the elevator hydraulics were modified in that model. Regardless, a primary source was used so it should be fixed.

1 Like

That was @MiG_23M himself on the carrier boys earlier today getting a shot of that elevator.

1 Like

Mhmm now i understand 100%, thanks

I remember this, in Mojave Desert where we go shooting. Well not there, that’s federal land.

Ok thanks for the update, that’s really good to hear that there’s current reports pouring in to help improve the Mig-29 through passionate efforts of the community, hopefully the devs take a look and implement the changes soon™ 🫡

3 Likes

Radar precision and strength. What are everyone’s thoughts?

Is the Zhuk just better in range and FOVs or have any of you noticed actual field strength and precision? Compared to the other Mig29s.

First time actually using R27ER & Rs on the SMT heavy.

it gud : D

1 Like

The most important thing is to change the speed of the pitching, otherwise they can just change the animation

2 Likes

@BBCRF is my hero. I feel like I am on the same page as him 9/10 cases

1 Like
1 Like

I’m pretty sure the MiG-29K has different elevators… not saying the bug report is wrong, just that all MiG-29s airframes that have their roots in the MiG-29M are quite different

In any case, the manual clearly states almost double the current in-game deflection rate.

2 Likes

Because I have come to appreciate the Mig29 so much after further researching it and arguining about it. I want to offer some of my gameplay tips. If anyone wants to share their own would be highly appreciated.

SMT with 20min fuel and hold the drop tank. The jet is noticeably better in response and control vs 30 min internal don’t ask me why, I have no idea (My only theory is placing the additional fuel weight penalties outside the model itself?).

Also, forget about the R27ER. The money is in the R27Rs very deadly and maneuverable at close range. The SMT and G perform better with those lighter smaller missiles too.

However, for the SMT, I sometimes carry one ER and R. Because the SMT takes more time to notch with full missile load compared to the G. You do need that first strike capability. Additionally you all know the SMT is not the knife fighter like the G, It does have much better high speed maneuverability. I never let it drop under transonic.

Take what you will from it, that’s seems to be what has been working for me lately.

the joy in the guy’s voice lmao, that would totally be my reaction if I witnessed the same thing xD

5 Likes

me too man mig29 is my gender

3 Likes

Lol. I identify as He/him/Fulcrum.

3 Likes

Some interesting findings guys. Take what you will from it. I can upload the test as well.

(Acceleration test from airfield, sea level under 1,000ft altitude race to 900km)

SMT with 20min internal fuel 6xR-73 is at 32-33 seconds.

SMT with 30min internal fuel 6xR-73 is at 34-35 seconds.

SMT with 20min internal fuel 6x73 + 2000 liter external drop tank.
A total of 34.25 min of fuel completes run at 34-35 seconds.

Findings: A 20min SMT with an external drop tank not only performs comparable to a 20min internal fuel SMT, but actually performs on par with a 30min internal fuel SMT at the same time retaining additional fuel time.

1 Like

The radar is still poorly configured

1 Like