Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

DM’d you about it

The biggest problem isn’t irccm so much as flares just overperform like a mf.

1 Like

It will be hard to tailor all missiles to have correct flare resistance since every nation irl used various different flares. It’s not so much that they overperform… rather they are all the same and missiles adjusted accordingly.

There have been no recent changes to the rangeBands correlated to countermeasures resistance for the R-73, Magic 2, or AIM-9M. I am not a game developer, just an ordinary player like the rest of us who has access to and chooses to read the datamine and understand what the values in the game files mean. It helps me keep a clearer and unbiased opinion.

1 Like

Absolutely irrelevant. They have buffed CM performance and reduce it before for certain missiles. This is nothing more than another “trust me bro, I am a developer” comment.

It seem your missile choosing the hotter man (which is me) and go right in my six lol well i’m not even mad it understandable that sometimes missiles will pickup the closest IR signature instead of enemy it happen with any IR missile

2 Likes

Well said.

Yeah, I tried to play the Yak the other day because I missed it and was immediately yeeted. You cannot preflare as much in soviet aircraft because you only have so many compared to the F-16C, Barak II and F14B.

They are at a great disadvantage just on CM alone. Not just flight performance. BTW has anyone flown the B model Tomcat lately? I was smashing 29Gs and definitely the SMT in 1v1s last night. The Tomcat has insane alpha when supersonic and wings fully swept.

I suppose since it is the only aircraft in the world that can hit 7gs while flying Mach 2. but still, the Mig29 SMT should be able to do much more at transonic flight. It’s a bus compared to the B Model at all speeds. Definitely does not have a roll rate like a fully fueled and loaded aim54 Tomcat. Something is definitely off.

yes, the 29smt model is bad. even the f4 can screw me over as on the lead we immediately turn and try to hit each other with the cannon. Practically my pilot falls asleep all the time and I can’t do anything except run away. I feel that the 29smt is only suitable for flanking or attacking unsuspecting targets. At least that’s what I do.
I am a normal air rb player and not some pro player who plays 1v1 and unknowns.

1 Like

SMT loses to an F-14A in dogfights, it is in a pathetic state. If you wanna try it out feel free to invite me to a 1v1 to test

There is no way in hell this dude is going to tell me the SMT is far superior at turning in Air RB than the G because they have a screen shot of them in test flight min fuel and clean.

What does flying with no weapons and infinite min fuel mean to any of us?

Cannon kills are far rarer than flying aircraft like the Mig29G and F-16C, Barak, and F14B. The SMT gets caught by any of these in a 1v1 75% you are screwed, jumps up to 90% if you are out of R73s and have over half fuel.

Imagine if it did not have HMS and the R73? I am actually more efficient in the SMT than the G because I rarely place myself in danger and must flank far out and ambush with R73s, and R27ETs then run for my life. That is exactly what most of us who actually play the jet do. Unsuspecting targets like you say. Now the R73s and R27s love to go for any flares and friendlies. It’s like GJ is actively trying to hinder this jet every time we figure out a tactic to make it work.

If this dude was to rush in there every time (that’s all he knows, trust me) he would have a pathetic KD in it. Thats why he refuses to play it more than 20 games. He would say things like “I will refuse to play it untill GJ fixes it.”

Wait… He did say that already LFMAO aint that right @MiG_23M?

Lol he blacklisted me so I can’t look at his stats anymore.

SMT wrecks everything in BVR. It’s funny how you never mention that.

3 Likes

I never blacklisted you, we’re still friends in-game.
Can always check here or click on my name to see how many battles I’ve done this month or whatever too.

It doesn’t.

In BVR? Of course, it only has 2 rockets, which you can easily avoid by turning around or flying close to the ground :)

4 Likes

Which is true of all radar missiles, the complaints about the R-27ER aren’t really warranted until they fix multipathing.

1 Like

Only two of the best SARH in game by a country mile.

2 x 0 = 0
The missile is easily defeated like any radar missile. Especially with the new RWR mechanics.

1 Like

the tomcat seems very beastly right now. As for BVR agreed 100% aim54s are a joke and and AWG9 since its nerfed beyond all hell.

Flying the SMT for so long jumping into the tomcat B and A you are like wtf is this? cannot hold a lock and R27ERs are crap at low alt but practically a 100% kill at high altitude.

Yet I still manage to get one or two kills with them basically every match. I can’t say the same for the superTEMP or 7M. The SMT also gets the best radar currently in the game.

The main things that need to be improved with the SMT is a2g, so it fills the multirole better. It really needs a laser pod imo.

I haven’t had any issues with the 7M, I find it just as effective as the R-27ER. In fact, for some reason it seems to hit targets in rear aspect more often… could be the F-16’s radar or something.

All SARH in the game are equally laughable imo, I’ve entirely opted for 6x AIM-9M or 6x R-73 depending on what I’m flying.

difficult to avoid by playing aggressively aim-54 missile (flying straight and tracking the target without maneuvers or with light maneuvers) A slight turn will not help, flying close to the ground will not either (this missile is like a bomb, if it explodes on the ground it will kill you in ~80%, and if you are lucky it will only critically damage you).
That’s why aim-54 is a cancer that takes you time to dodge, etc…
Of course, I do not recommend playing aggressively

1 Like