Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

If that is the case who is the tech mod that gives you a heads up on what content is coming having been actioned? Since you even admitted he confirms a lot of stuff.

Why can’t you reveal his identity?

So we can get inside confirmation as well.

If it is truly appropriate in knowing what is coming to the game long before the general public and GJ can announce themselves.
Why do you sit on the “information” that led you to Mod and why won’t you reveal his identity?

I’ll just say loading up the game after the changes happened and not seeing the name change was confusing for me personally.

Considering how easily people misplace the origin of new information I guess just be careful of what is said. For example I cant even count the times that @Smin1080p himself is blamed for a “Gaijin lie” that wasn’t info that didn’t even remotely come from him.

Well, in this case the technical moderators came in and admitted as much that it was supposed to change to series 3. It also appeared in the changelog.

Maybe worth inquiring to a tech mod to find out if it’s been reported internally or if a report is warranted.

Look, nothing is altered and these are merely your own statements that you keep ignoring. I am only going off what you say.

in which @Oshida_BCF replied. A veteran in the datamining community

and your reply

So, what superior datamining did you use?

It is highly evident that you an arrogant liar and already admitted that it was due to your OWN datamining that you were able to predict what content was coming and referred to you inside contact for confirmation it was actioned for an estimated time the content would be released.

If you really did nothing wrong, simply provide the report and your contact. Did he also say go ahead and announce the unreleased content?

Then you attempt to cover it up by saying it was a report that tipped you off but still have not provided who’s report. Then your story switches up further to “just some information passed to some bug reporters” completely removing yourself from being the only person to advertise new content before any acting official can.

Why did you then refer to yourself as “bug reporters” and the data used as “just some information?”
Hardly the behavior of the innocent.

So who’s datamining led you to believe the engines were in the files and being worked? If not your own?
Again, what gives you a legal right to advertise the content before GJ?

Obviously in this case yes, you were correct and the changelog proves that.

1 Like

And in the past I haven’t been correct. It is what it is, take what I say with a pinch of salt.

The datamining tools simply change the data in the user downloadable files into a readable format. I then upload them to GitHub.

There’s no way for a random user like myself to have access to internal dev builds. I hope the RD-33 series 3 name issue is fixed and it receives the meager additional thrust.

1 Like

i stopped playing the F-16C 2 days after getting it im the OG SMT complainer give me a medal pls

2 Likes

I’m not super concerned when it comes to the naming or thrust, just trying to point out my confusion. As an outside person looking in. I’m clearly not active on the forum’s but I do read them in hopes of seeing new info. I’d like to say that I have a good understanding of when I read or see a datamine I can interpret it correctly and for this instance it was confusing when I launched the game that is all.

I think were finally getting to a point where the performance between the 2 jets is quite fun in a dogfight and gameplay wise. I myself also lean towards the SMT nowadays following all the FM changes.

Lol did you see the Dev stream for the Mig29G and he read out someone’s live comment, “it’s kind of like the SMT with a Mig29 FM”

something along those lines. Reminded me of that. Had me cracking up.

Yes, in the past you were not assisted by any tools. Very nice deflect.

The first instance you obtain the capability, what do we get? You immediately come out and declare with 100% certainty said content is coming before GJ can even react. The only user.

Hmmm, would like to see references for this. The AN/APG-63 (oldest of this series of radars) had multi-mode tracking, not present on the RPLK-29. Could track 14 targets and target 6 of those, again not an ability of the RPLK-29.

In the air-to-air mode, the APG-70 can provide range, altitude, airspeed, and other information on aircraft at ranges exceeding 100 miles . I dont think the RPLK could even detect a target that far, much less tell range, altitude, speed or anything else.

And these two systems were developed in the same time frame. Maybe you are talking about some other Western Nations. And seeing as how the APG-63 and 70 were in several other airframes that were with nations such as Isreal, that kind of limits those nations.

You should probably read this, concerning the radar in the MIG-29. Seems it took over a decade to get the NO19 radar to even pass trials.
NPO PHAZOTRON Zhuk Radar, a demised hope for Russian aerospace industries – Global Defense Corp

1 Like

🫡 🫡🫡🫡🫡

N019 Radar | MiG Alley Military Aviation News (toad-design.com)
Can only track 10 but not claim or how many of those can be targeted.

Deconstructing Fire Control Radar of MiG-29s/MiG-29M2/MiG-29K/MiG-35 – Global Defense Corp
Claims of the 10, two can be targeted.

Eitherway, the system couldn’t pass even the terrible Russian trials until 1991. I would quote it but the page is protected. Just search for 1991 on the page, its the first results.
NPO PHAZOTRON Zhuk Radar, a demised hope for Russian aerospace industries – Global Defense Corp

Please don’t come at me again with such a low effort post as “proof” I did my research, do your own.

2 Likes

AN/APG-63 radar family - Wikiwand

1 Like

Radar that would fit in the MiG-29’s nose. Phazotron NIIR reverted to a version of the twist cassegrain antenna used successfully on the Sapfir-23ML

So my history was correct regarding the radar having to be downgraded a Mig23 standard. @BBCRF acting like I made it up for no reason.

The Zhuk can fire two R77s at a time. Wonder if we will ever get that capability. that would help in a world of a crap ton of amraams.

@Sethiol great work. I saved them and reading each. Thank you for sharing your research.

Wikipedia is not accepted

Stop writing nonsense.The radar N019M on the MiG-29 (9-13C) is a modified version for the use of R-77 missiles, could accompany 10 targets and fire 2. The radar of the Zhuk family could also lead 10 targets, but fire already 4.More modern versions can fire 6. The radar with AESA leads 30 targets and fires 10

2 Likes

What Mig29 did you think I was talking about? I simply said the Mig29 had to be downgraded to Mig23 standard because of nose size.

Then I commented regarding th SMT radar and hope they allow the targeting of two at a time because I think it will be needed. whatever beef you got is with that guy, not me.

Atleast provide a source for such a low effort post. A source is better than you just making claims.

The MIG-29 radar was such a failure they had to downgrade it to a missiles radar until the engineers could finally fix the radar, 10 YEARS later.

Also, it was so bad, even the pilots hated using the NO19 as it was lucky it could see its own radome.

See how I can just make claims with no sources? But, had you read both of the sites I sourced, they back both of those claims up.

1 Like