Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

And what does it change?
If it should be 9G at this speed

3 Likes

It can pull 9G at this speed =/= It can pull 9G while maintaining this speed

RideR2’s chart shows the amount turn / pull each aircraft can do at those speeds while maintaining that speed (i.e. without bleeding any speed).

He saves 9G at a speed of 900km/h IRL, but he cannot do this in the game

1 Like

The chart you added to your post shows the sustained turn rate with 1500kg of fuel.

AFAIK @RideR2 's tests are typically done with 30 minute of fuel (or max fuel if the plane has less than 30 minutes).

This translates to 3453 kg of fuel on the MiG-29 9.13

Is 30 minutes 3453 kg?

Yeah (a little bit less than 30 minutes but that’s the max internal fuel you can take on the MiG-29 9.13)

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240920-114711_Facebook

Anyone know what is this bomb like thing? (white arrow)

Initially thought it looked like a KAB-500, but I’m not 100% on that. Looking back again, the scale doesn’t seem quite right compared to the helmet.

could this be a training bomb?

I have no idea, sorry.

Some kind of modified (or updated) version of the P-50T bomb, maybe the Chinese version…
Практическая авиационная бомба П-50Т | Каталог Рособоронэкспорт (roe.ru)

1 Like

Its great that you are doing this post, Mig 29 is a terrific aircraft, when it comes to maneuverability.
If you were to compare the Mig29M and the SMT which one would you say is better in arial combat?

Dude not many people have controls like that, playing the mig 29 the way you do requires an entire array of equipment costing thousand of dollars. It looks great and I know DCS has a more realistic game play but how many of us can afford and have the time to play like this.

2 Likes

MiG-29M

1 Like

They should have added the 29M to the game instead of the SMT, I have the SMT haven’t played in in two weeks but at the time if found the SMT underperforming against the AIM-120 launchers new F-15s and F-16s.

MiG-29M and is not even close. Only way SMT could be better is when R-74 and later R-77 models get added.

3 Likes

How do you find playing air rb in Warthunder difficult or easy? Having to get use to multipathing and notching as well as the 3rd person view looking backwards while flying forwards to try and dodge missiles is quite challenging and after 3 games a bit tiring.

1500 kg fuel with full weapons racks and 2 missiles for 13015 kg.

Is the Mig-29SMT ever going to get its targeting pod? That report has been acknowledged and sitting in limbo forever now.

I just want an top tier multirole equivalent at this point, not some weird Sukhoi strike aircraft sidegrade

6 Likes

ikr…gaijin just lets the report rot (imo) cause they legitimately have an agenda against giving RU their optical pods

3 Likes