Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

You sure? Maybe not whole “Combine arms” kind of deal, but session played vehicles based online games? There’s few (with the Irony of Gaijin being a publisher for some of them too) and only thing I can recall is ancient “my is better” between WoT and WT fans

If you’re going to broaden the brackets until you fit any game with multiplayer and tanks + planes you’re going to include COD but that doesn’t make them similar. There is quite literally not a single game similar to War Thunder on the market. Nothing can take the place or challenge it at the moment.

It would be easy too, talk to the players. See what they actually want. Instead the best we’ve got is some suggestions made by the devs themselves and implemented in a manner they see fit with the illusion that we got what we wanted. We’re running in place here.

6 Likes

100%, the lack of competitors is probably the main reason behind their pathetic laziness, they control the niche.

7 Likes

Pilots and tankers of War Thunder unite lol

1 Like

seize the snail HQs

1 Like

The practical aerodynamics manual for MiG-29 uses some of the following load outs when it refers to ~13 tons 1500 kg fuel

#1 (13015 kg)
4 P-62 pylons & 2 R-60
2 APU-470 pylons
1x 150 30mm rounds

#2 (~13250 kg)
2 APU-470
2x R-27R
1x 150 30mm rounds

The War thunder & DCS MiG-29 (clean) underperform the real MiG-29 (with racks).

Screenshot_2232

Attached one case where it clarifies 13t loadout.

It might also be the case 0.86 Oswald (MiG-29) refers to clean without racks, and 0.75 refers to an armed configuration (Su-27).

Root of the problem is Gaijin FM, the whole plane (not just wings) should have 0.86 Oswald.

6 Likes

Oswald number in-game does not correlate to the real life numbers in many cases - for the Su-27 the issue lies not solely in the oswald coefficient but in many other values as well.

1 Like

Bug report:

MiG-29SMT: N010M Zhuk-M missing GMTI, GMTT, SSS, SST modes

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/xumnJSiRTxwM

1 Like

MiG-29 cannot 9G

3 Likes

This is sustained turn rate, not instantaneous.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/126rvgs9iRGxtL9DsbI0SSDMHXMr3uDf-hSeFkZVvk1Y/

1 Like

And what does it change?
If it should be 9G at this speed

3 Likes

It can pull 9G at this speed =/= It can pull 9G while maintaining this speed

RideR2’s chart shows the amount turn / pull each aircraft can do at those speeds while maintaining that speed (i.e. without bleeding any speed).

He saves 9G at a speed of 900km/h IRL, but he cannot do this in the game

1 Like

The chart you added to your post shows the sustained turn rate with 1500kg of fuel.

AFAIK @RideR2 's tests are typically done with 30 minute of fuel (or max fuel if the plane has less than 30 minutes).

This translates to 3453 kg of fuel on the MiG-29 9.13

Is 30 minutes 3453 kg?

Yeah (a little bit less than 30 minutes but that’s the max internal fuel you can take on the MiG-29 9.13)

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240920-114711_Facebook

Anyone know what is this bomb like thing? (white arrow)

Initially thought it looked like a KAB-500, but I’m not 100% on that. Looking back again, the scale doesn’t seem quite right compared to the helmet.

could this be a training bomb?

I have no idea, sorry.