Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

like lack of mention of radar slaving in the manuals

1 Like

BTW he brings up documentations, not telecom dishes

OEPS manuals states that the HMS can only be used for R60M, R73, R27T & ET. Like pretty much verbatim.

Because telecommunications go hand in hand, they operate on RF frequencies.

They are the most damaging evidence that leaves no room for interpretation. People are upset because I leave no room for interpretation. The technology is just not there.

Its an angle people least expected so they demand I we go over word for word their sources each time it is discovered they misinterpreted what they read.

bring up the section

so do whales what does that even mean.
the telecom antennas you mention are set to a fixed position, if the screw is not tight enough a wind is gonna cost you a hungover morning and a ladder

bro we dissected it in the Su27 topic go check it out I am tired. You know how many people tried to challenge this already freaking out?

Please no more riddles, no more analogies I will catch you later.

1 Like

your reasoning is freaking me out , Are you going to attempt bring up the F-4J? Or F-4B as an example?? These radars were far more powerful, advanced & did not need secondary reflectors… They were so technologically powerful it required a literal Radar Intercept Officer to manage in the back… The F-4B’s AN/APQ-72 had a scan zone of 120 degrees and its elevation angle can be adjusted to a maximum deviation of ± 60 degrees from course…

do you even know why US did put 2 crew on F4? it had to do with having no guns .
missiles were going to be the future so they dedicated a seat for a weapon officer in the back to set up the weapons it was gonna fire.

and by your judgment Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection - #2437 by Ziggy1989

they can not track targets in anyway shape or form cause dish does not move, how do they manage look up modes?

link?

Why?

He probably meant MiG 29A(9.12/9.13). They should remove its R27Es and give it R-73 instead.
Base R-27s are good enough for its BR.

My reasoning freaked you out? That is reference to that specific person’s only argument “what about the F-4J.”
The F-4J had a vastly more capable radar dish than the Mig-23, Mig-29 & Su27. its 100 percent verifiable. But you are not trying to hear all that.

Did you read the other’s sources stating specifically that only the IR missiles can be used with the HMS reticle & OEPS?

Or you would like to talk more about the F-4 because this somehow makes the truth less true??

Is that your interpretation? That is your maximum reading comprehension on full display?? That is a 6th grade level top.

There is actually no radar dish in either Mig-29 & Su-27 lol. Shows how utterly petty, emotional & unintelligent your argument is over video game models you do not own.

That is how primitive the Mig-29 & Su-27 radar is. It does not have a radar dish antenna that has a traditional parabolic antenna a reflector all in one like US radars of the 1970s.

The radars in all Mig-29 (except the SMT) & both Su-27s were so primitive they used a literal light bulb & two reflecting plates to direct scans and focus the beam. the “bulb” horn feed was not moveable, the plate in the front was not moveable either. Only a single reflecting plate in the middle enclosed within the radar’s frame held the first plate that was able to move in a very limited range. That is why the radars have one search mode in each frequency type.

This radar & related types
radar_dish_nose

is vastly more advanced than this washing machine

Front reflector and radar plate removed to show you the primitive light bulb. That is where your precision guidance come from, after you reflect it back & forth a few times.

There you have it, full HMD compatibility!

Looking at what has become of this thread

3 Likes

Or R-77-1 swap R-27ER/R-27ET because MiG-29 late variants (MiG-29SMT 9-18, MiG-29SMT 9-19, MiG-29K 9-14R, MiG-29M2 & MiG-35) never access R-27ER & R-27ET

Er, that’s right

I want gaijin remove R-27ER & R-27ER1/R-27ET1 from MiG-29 (9-12A), MiG-29 (9-12B), MiG-29G & MiG-29 (9-13) for 3 countries and 6x R-60 replace by R-73/R-73E (except MiG-29G)

MiG-29 (9-12A) (GER)

MiG-29 (9-12B) (HuAF)

MiG-29 (9-13) (USSR)

MiG-29G (GER)

why? the mig29g also never carried the R27ER and ET irl
why the exception for the mig29g and not for the others?

2 Likes

OK, MiG-29G mounted R-73E but should remove R-27ER/R-27ER1 & R-27ET/R-27ET1 from MiG-29G ⁣including⁣ MiG-29 (9-12A), MiG-29 (9-12B) and MiG-29 (9-13)

1 Like

mister Cobbler
do you mind how does the search pattern works on soviet radars?
like nothing moves so how does search pattern work

2:57 cobra

3 Likes

& lower their BRs because ER or not they are getting murdered fighting Aim-120s. If they go down with BR with the ERs its fake & they are overpowering lower aircraft unfairly. Give them their R73.

ARH missiles are making already making R-27ER utterly useless. As is historical.

This, should be used in report