Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

I considered this, the manual accounts for that in the gross weight. Doesn’t include ammo for the 30mm.

Digging deeper, it appears that “tank 2” in the FM file is missing approximately 50kg of weight which would account for the missing mass. Manual says that fuel tank (which is actually the engine feed tank) is 702kg fuel quantity and the in-game datamine shows 652kg for that tank.

I know it’s using the correct fuel masses for the remaining tanks as the weights listed are 1:1 for the other internal fuel tanks.

Overall, looking into the MiG-29G there seems to be a bunch of minor alterations that need to be made. They are all so slight, I doubt it would really change much.

1 Like

8792pa

That is awfully edited.

1 Like

Wait a damn minute, mig and zig talking peacefully and helping each other?? what is happening? lol

btw can you also go in-depth with the mig29 9.13 to see if there is anything that can be improved? @MiG_23M

6 Likes

I don’t have a manual for the 9-13 model. Presumably since it only had the additional fuel tank storage installed, everything is the same but with added weight and slight increase in drag (which is the case in-game).

1 Like

ah :( nvm then

9-13 ingame is underweight anyways Belarussian 9-13 manual puts its empty mass at 11200kg while 9-12 is 10900kg, ingame 9-13 is like 11000kg I think barely a 100kg heavier than the 9-12, extra avionics and fuel hump really does add a lot of mass

I’m in a postion that i want to play but at the same time i refuse to, this game is worse than drugs

3 Likes

Empty mass for 9-13 is currently 11,010kg. Are you sure the Belarus manual is saying that is the empty mass? 9-12 empty mass is 10,885kg (125kg less).

pretty clearly states empty mass is 11200kg even says 9-12 weight next to it is 10900kg empty

Can you post the page? In the German manual it clarified what gross weight meant etc.

I can post digitalized PDF version if thats cool its sorta like the digitalized version of the su-27SK manual

2 Likes

If you wouldn’t mind DMing it to me?

1 Like

@Giovanex05 @DracoMindC

I’m comparing other manuals to the Russian practical aerodynamics manual.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but it appears that one of these manuals is showing 9G sustained at as low as 850 km/h and the other is showing 900 km/h.

The Russian manual is showing 4G sustained at 500 km/h and the L-18 is 4.5G at the same speed.

The odd part is, the L-18 (MiG-29 version 9-12) is showing higher sustained turn rates at a higher weight loading of 13,000kg. The 9-12 with 1500kg fuel in the practical aerodynamics manual is <13,000 kg I think.

Do y’all recall what you calculated the weight of the aircraft in tests for the practical aerodynamics manual was? I recall it being something like 2100kg of fuel to reach 13,000kg which would put it at ~12,400 for the practical aerodynamics manual vs 13,000 for the L-18 one.

note Mt refers to expended fuel not how much fuel is remaining so take total fuel and subtract 1500

as for the rest just look at the fact one is at 1000m the other is at 0m or sea level

There is also a line for 1km, seems there is still a performance difference. So both are at approximately 13,000kg… It is still reaching 9G at approximate 850 or 860km/h as opposed to 900. It is still doing 4.5G at just past 500km/h… there is a small discrepancy in performance between the two manuals. I should look into some of the other available charts.

then its just bizzare, probably a result of the yugoslav manual not being a translated soviet manual like a lot of warsaw pact manauls are? so theyd have their own testings/graphics

1 Like

There was discussion of possible inaccuracies in the Russian practical aerodynamics manual from @BBCRF

Perhaps he wants to look into this as well.

What application do you use to get the weights?

I’m viewing the files or editing it with localhost