Might of the US: History of American Bombers

Don't forget - you can now activate video subtitles!

During World War II, the U.S. bomber aviation was a force to be reckoned with, and its massive contribution to the eventual defeat of the Axis powers is absolutely indisputable. The mighty American industry built tens of thousands of bombers of all types, from single-engine carrier-based dive bombers to strategic B-17s and B-24s. Not to mention the legendary B-29 and B-32: true marvels of engineering.

We invite youtubers and streamers to cooperate and offer support depending on the quantity and popularity of your content. More information: https://warthunder.com/en/media/partnership

4 Likes

Bombers?

I think you mean RP pinatas in the current air rb meta

7 Likes

pretty much lol. funny you say that though. I just saw a post a while ago that was saying bombers were op

The only acknowledgement about bombers gaijin will give is in their videos

Oh those things that have worthless gunners. Only exist for a random pilot to come and obliterate in 1 burst?

I really enjoyed this video, but there are so many US bombers (and strike aircraft) I’ve been hoping will be added to War Thunder like the B-58 Hustler, B-36 Peacemaker, B-47 Stratojet, P4M Mercator, B-50 Superfortress, B-45 Tornado, AJ Savage, A-3 Skywarrior, B-66 Destroyer, B-52 Stratofortress, B-1 Lancer, A-5 Vigilante, S-3 Viking, A-37 Dragonfly, or OV-10 Bronco. It sure would be awesome to finally get 'em in-game. 🤞

Seriously? A few points to think about:

• The more unbiased researches in the last 15-20 years showed that (besides being part of a war of attrition vs JP and Germany) the USAAF and the RAF BC were fully aware that they send tens of thousands of bomber crews into certain deaths - without having an impact on a strategic level.

• The extremely fast recovery of JP and GER after WW 2 was based on the fact that their industrial capacity was (depending on which source you use) to 80-85% intact. Bombing crippled mainly infrastructure and residential areas, the output of military hardware increased despite area bombing.

• JP and GER had severe issues with oil (=fuel for aircraft) in 1941/42 - that is also the reason that about 50 - 60% of all bombs dropped on JP and GER fell after both were more or less defenseless - in the last 12 months of both campaigns.

• So imho you might rethink you approach and try to honor the servicemen which were sacrificed - most of them died 1943-1944 with horrendous loss rates without having the technology to hit assigned targets.

• Whilst the war was won in both theatres in the first quarter of 1943 as the remaining axis powers simply were running out of fuel. JP lost their conquered territories and Germany failed to conquer the Caucasus (=oil) in 1942…

• Until March 1944 the chances to survive of a tour of duty (US 25 missions, UK 30 missions) were less the 25% - knowing this and still flying would be worth to mention - so the crews need to be honored and not the hardware…