Is it just me or while using TWS the radar just can’t detect targets right in front of it
?
The radar is fine, it’s one of the better mechanical radars
I know that but when ever I try to detect targets right I front of me it seems to ignore them leaving me basically blind
Do you use a wide scan pattern? Especially when you’re (and the target) are moving vertically to each other the target may slip between the scans
Narrow scan patterns FTW
Also the Headon mode is more sensitive (as long as you’re closing in)
Also TWS mode may need multiple passes (to get a velocity vector), which amplifies the “slipping between scans” effect
Also if you have vertical tilt stabilisation on and you have a vertical angle difference to the target (which for a constant altitude difference gets worse the closer you are), you might be not scanning towards them at all
Oh okay what would you recommend I do then
And I don’t use a wide scan pattern most of the time
…I have provided you a list of possible issues you might be having, see if they are the case?
Disregard the HDN mode though, it has a minimum range, might not be usable at the distances you are having issues at.
When you climb or descend, does the radar stay pointed around the horizon?
Do you have antena position reset key bound?