MIG-23's not playable and radar mode missing

the 23’s family flare and chaff load is broken, not working and is worst with the addon pod

Also the radar is missing the mti and LD mode and the possibility to change the angle patern

1 Like

read devlog about MTI, it automatically changed when the radar looks towards area with ground at low altitudes (under 1500m above ground level, in cockpit → down - right-ish from the sight)
LD might’ve been removed as intended feature
already made a post about it previously - here

I prefered the way before the update in my opinion because the mti mode is way better than the srch mode

MTI is PD before PD was cool, useful to check targets that get covered by the ground
I personally don’t know the IRL functionality of MTI in MiG-23s, yet I doubt you couldn’t manually play with it too

no idea but since the mig’s have an inferior radar compare to americans I think it was better before the update and stayed competitive

1 Like

the MTI mode really is useful only against targets that are low to the ground, standard SRC is good against regular , non-low to the ground enemies
PD is used to figure out if the enemy is hot or cold to you, standard TRK “can” see if the enemy is hot or cold to you, tho that’s just by measuring the range constantly and seeing the changes in direction and distance, while PD sends HPRF signals that tell you the distance and aspect of the enemy without having to TRK it and continuously, not permitting you to see other enemies as well
or something like that, dunno, too hot where I live to think properly

mti mode don’t see chaff so it is almost impossible to throw the lock

1 Like