Messerschmit BF109 G14

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Description: The BF109 G14 was a German fighter of the Second World War. The BF109 G14 was one of the latest versions of the 109 that were produced in the latest years of the war. In 1944, the BF109 G6 was no longer adequate to contain the enemy fighters, so Messershimit had to make a new version of it to be in pairs with allied aircraft. The main differences between the G6 and the new version, called G14, were mainly the engine, which was changed to the more powerful DB605AM. This new engine was able to give the aircraft the needed speed and climb rate to reach an adequate altitude in time. In the Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana service, the G14 started to arrive in mid-1944. It was mainly used against the fighter and bomber formations. They scored multiple successes against the Allied air force, but in the end, their enemies proved to be too numerous to be countered. At the end of the war, most of the Italian G14, as well as all the other Bf109, were destroyed or badly damaged. But they proved to be very effective in the Italian hands against the allied aircraft.

Why it should be in the game: It could be a good addition to be foldered with the G14/AS or to replace one of the Hunarian premium 109.

Specifications

Spoiler

Technical Data
Aircraft: Messerschmitt Bf.109G14
Manufacturer: Messerschmitt A. G.
Type: Fighter
Year: 1942
Engine: Damiler Benz DB 605A-1, 12-cylinder V, liquid-cooled 1,475hp
Wingspan: 32 ft 6 1/4 in (9.90m)
Length: 29 ft 7 1/8 (8.84m)
Height: 8 ft 2 ½ in (2.49m)
Weight: 6,834lb (3,095 kg) (Loaded)
Maximum Speed: 406mph (653 km/h) at 28,540ft (8.700m)
Ceiling: 39,370ft (12,000m)
Range: 528miles (850km)

Armaments

Spoiler

2x 13 mm Mcahinegun
1x 30 mm cannon
2x 20 mm gun pod
2x 30 mm gun pod
1x SC250 bomb
1x SC250 fire bomb

Sources

Spoiler

STORMO! Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf.109G14 by Jean Barby
Eduard 1/48 Bf-109G-14, by Tom Cleaver
STORMO! Academy 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf.109 G14 "Mario Bellagambi" by Mathias Conrad
Asisbiz Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana 2 Gruppo 1 Squadriglia

Pictures

Spoiler

5 Likes

-1 No more BF-109’s in Italy please

2 Likes

+1

Although I agree with the sentiment that Italy should have its indigenous designs prioritised over this, it would be great to see this aircraft to pad out the superprop era of Italy.

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more, indeed this suggestion like other was made following the possiblity of get new premiums or new event veichle.

+1 yes to all german planes used by the italian air force

1 Like

+1

1 Like

We just have one in the techtree and one that’s premium…

2 Likes

And? That doesn’t mean we have to see another Bf-109. This is actually crazy. Literal German main arguments.
Why would you want a plane that doesn’t allow you to have fun with MEC and offers a mediocre ground striking loadouts?

Very simply: bigger techtree, more options under the flag i love, the possibility to play it if i want or ignore it if i don’t wanna play it and just having it, more like a collection piece.

4 Likes

Yes, I think German aircraft would be great as premiums so more Italian aircraft, even prototypes, can be TT

1 Like

okay then if it would be in a folder with a G6 then sure.

1 Like

Yeah would be cool

1 Like

-1. Good idea, but less copy paste please.

+1

1 Like