Meet Skilled Marksman, the 16th Season of the Battle Pass!

Fair enough. I mean, glass half full or glass half empty kinda thing I suppose. A lackluster BP does at least make it less tempting.

And didn’t know those warbond boosters were non expiring, I swear I thought they were but it has been a long day and my memory is apparently poor at the moment. I do get why they do it, but I also think that’s a terrible reason, let us use a bunch of boosters at once, or hold them for when we need/want them. But yeah, probably not going to change.

And that recycling mechanic can’t come soon enough.

That’s kinda disheartening. I get it’s translated but then perhaps someone to accurately translate it should be part of the team so weirdly worded stuff doesn’t happen. For a game that charges as much as this one does for all it’s items having a translation hiccup like this seems kinda lazy.

Honestly, looking at the translation provided it doesn’t make sense how they got the help allied players thing, theirs nothing in the auto translated version that suggests assisting counts.

Only reason I’d play this BP is to F2P the Mariner, but even that got laughably bad BR. It’s 3.7 with 8x1000lbs bombs, while Hellcat is 3.3 with 3x1000lbs bombs, plus its a decent fighter on top. Dunno what they were thinking, when Mariner still has Mariner flight characteristics, which is a brick with wings. No bomb sight either, so bombing has to be done by diving. Have fun trying to dive with the brick when it’s wings snap at 400kmh.

While I do agree that 7.3 might be a bit too high, I have to disagree about the need for it to be 6.0 or below.

Under no circumstance should the Sholef be below 6.3.

• It has a shorter reload than the M109s,
  • it has the second biggest HE filler of all 155mm howitzers (only the Type 99 has a larger TNT filler, 14.8kg),
  • the lack of thermals and range finder is a nothingburger when only the VIDAR has access to those (the VIDAR is 8.0),
  • the armor is slightly better than that of the M109s and on par with, if not even better than the other 155mm howitzers,
  • all 155mm howitzers have massive ammo racks,
  • all 155mm howitzers are large targets, not a single one of them has good gun depression,
  • having access to limited, small caliber MGs is still better than having none at all (G6, Bkan) and having two of them is better than just one (german M109G) [the MGs also definitely can look up, dunno what gave you the impression that they couldn’t]

The two only real downsides I see with the Sholef compared to the M109s is the low muzzle velocity and the lower max speed of the vehicle itself.

The PBM-5 has a great climb rate (relative to its class and size) and a extremely large payload (as big as that of a PB4Y, which is at 4.7) at 3.7. And yes, it does have a bomb sight, you have to open the bomb bay to use it. Not to forget it has great defensive capabilities with 3 double .50 cal turrets and another single .50 cal on each side.

1 Like

That’s odd. 3 hours ago when I was test flying it. It did not have a bombsight.
Sight also works when bomb bay is closed.

1 Like

Again, you have to open the bomb bay to use it. I just tested it ingame and it’s the same on the PBM-1 and PBM-3.

Edit: ok, yeah, you don’t even have to open the bomb bay, that appears to just be a weird coincidence on my end

Lmao, Gaijin didn’t even set the Battle Pass levels right this time around.

There just is no level 60 and two of the BP challenges are tied in at Level 40:

This is a minor glitch, but come on…hahaha

5 Likes

It’s not their fault they don’t have any QA… oh wait.

2 Likes

lmao

That is a good thing to have in the Battle Pass, but it should be in addition to the usual 3 new vehicles rather than replacing one of them.

1 Like

I think two plus a re-run is just fine.
However, I do believe that they should start having the main reward be a rank 5 instead of a rank 4. I already expected the Sholef to be rank 5, due to how “high tech” the thing is IRL, but for some reason they decided to have it be a rather butchered rank 4.

1 Like

Idk if it’s been changed but I was playing around with it in test drive and they could barely elevate, making them basically useless against aircraft. The only thing they could be used against is open top vehicles but 1) that’s what your 155mm howitzer is for 2) how many open tops are you running into at this BR with crew exposed in such a way you can kill them with a 7.62 mg from the front?

I love it when people just default to insulting others, Vets are annoyed because they already have the random box ships and 1m SL is worthless to them effectively cutting the BP value by a full third. Make it a coupon that can be sold on the market place or replace an SL reward with it and I doubt they would care, in fact I think most would be for that.

Where is that being an "exclusivist’? He just wants an actually worth while reward for people that been supporting Gaijin through the previous BPs and already have the ship/ boats.

When I tested it yesterday the MGs had about the same elevation as he main gun.
While 7.62mm won’t help against light vehicles at that BR, having access to MGs does provide something much more important: the ability to destroy obstacles, like fences and trees.

Dear players! The 38th stage of the ‘Skilled Marksman’ Battle Pass season unlocks the PT-658, or MTB-422, or Z25, or TKA-106. But if you already have all these vehicles, together with Silver Lions you will get the collector’s Golden Battles wager, an opportunity to get up to 1,000 Golden Eagles! To win the wager, after activation you must win 12 battles with vehicles of ranks III-VIII, destroying at least one enemy player vehicle in each battle. You are allowed to fail the wager conditions 3 times, after which the wager will be over and you will get a GE reward corresponding to your progress.

3 Likes

Thanks for listening to our complaints :)

But i have a question, can we count on similar compensation for getting a duplicate account-asigned vehicles in SL crates? It happened to me few times and i just don’t think 1 000 000 of silver lions is enough.

Even if we can’t, it is still a step in the right direction though

1 Like

I’d like to see a breakdown of the stages and the rewards at each stage, it’d be easy enough to guess if it was 10 stages, but 12?
Is it 83GE per step?

I just don’t understand why all these rewards have to be based on an element of chance, why can a reward just simply be a reward? This reward you show here is for loyal players that have ground out multiple vehicles continuing to support the game yet again their reward is based on chance? I don’t understand how gaijin think that’s rewarding? There’s simply too many slot machine mechanics going on here i just don’t understand why they can’t nail down a fixed reward instead of leaving it down too things outside of the players control.

7 Likes

It’s an old wager that was removed. If I remember correctly, it went up by 50 or 100 until the last couple of levels.

1 Like