Many top tier aircraft are overperforming in energy retention

Whole thread for the gripen

3 Likes

Wait until you find out that Rafale and Typhoon out-sustain all US jets ever made.

3 Likes

Chatgpt reply

3 Likes

Great job man

1 Like

I’m sorry it wasn’t clear enough for you to understand… in simpler terms the testing i did and my math seem to show that gaijin misinterpreted two different types of overloads, resulting in higher performance.

3 Likes

Icl I’m confused, as far as I’m aware Induced G-Load is constant, and for a given airspeed it is always the same turn rate produced, you can use this calculator:

Given a certain speed and a certain G load the turn rate is always the same… if we are always using the same type of G load.
What we usually call “G load” (or “how much weight the pilot feels when turning”) is the load factor n_z. The problem is that there’s another load factor in aeronautics which is N_z, which is also expressed in G load and, the more AoA increases, it’s quite a bit different in value from n_z (in a sustained turn the two are related with n_z = N_z \cdot \cos(AoA) . )

The calculator you provided simply uses the formula

I’ve written above, which uses n_z .

What gaijin instead did is use n_z values for N_z, which makes the aircraft over perform.

1 Like

I don’t think Nz and Ny are equal
I think Ny reflects induced G load and therefore nz

They are the same thing, it’s just that Russians for some reason like to use “y” as a vertical axis instead of “z”.

2 Likes

What is the proof that the game uses Nz instead of nz

If that would be so than why if you plug the “Ny” local host value from the test and the test speed in the calculator you linked you get a Lower turn rate than the in game one?

That the turn rate we see in game corresponds to calculations (both with my math and the calculator you linked) only if that value is N_z

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hmmm, might be worth checking this with a Tech mod who can contact the flight model dev.

Yep, especially considering that A LOT of aircraft seem to be affected by this (probably even more than 50%) @Metrallaroja @Gunjob @Smin1080p_WT

7 Likes

It doesn’t help that they’re actively using tertiary sources for aircraft such as the F-5 series over primary source material simply because they don’t want to nerf their best selling premiums.

7 Likes

The Russian manuals indicate how ny,and nya
This is due to the coordinate system. speed i.e. directed along the velocity vector and local directed along the axes of the aircraft
local system
Speed system

The values of Ny from the manuals are taken from the linear acceleration sensor unit

2 Likes

See, I would expect all aircraft to using a linear acceleration measurement, no point saying it’s 9G’s when the pilot is experiencing 13G’s or 6G’s. I think this is kind of a non-issue.

If aircraft aren’t using linear G then that’s an issue.

Nice, now the JA37C won’t suffer (as bad).

1 Like