MANPADS Missiles and Overload: The Technical Details

Caling names just show the low standards you have buddy. Convertion of measurement units doesn’t have anything to do on the subject. Again, being theoretically able to do does not mean it is physically able to do it. For that you need a clear statement from any, any primary source that says explicitly “the 9M39 Igla have 16g of maximum overload”. Can you provide any sources on that?

Isn’t this still a thing?

Ok?
Then you agree the max overload of S/M should be 22/25g, and their average g should be higher and not dependent on the 66% loss that Gaijin claims

Yes. 22 for stinger 25 for mistral 16 for igla

Sources on the igla being physically able to pull 16gs please?

2 Likes

Just leave it man

2 Likes

Ah sure, move your HQ to some janitorial closet in Hungary where a few people will work and setup in Cyprus as well which surely has nothing to do with taxes and business, and suddenly you’re no longer Russians or a Russian company.

2 Likes

The problem is not the math. We don’t know if the missile is physically able to do 16g. We need a primary’s source on that. Theoretical math is not source.

If the formula says “a rocket that can average 10.2g can max 16g”, then that means it can

If it couldn’t 16g max, it would never have a 10.2 average

If your car is averaging 100km per hour and its speed varies on the road, then obviously the max speed is much higher than the average speed

And the developer pointed out that due to the principle of its operation, its overload at different moments has a big difference.
If you often have a low overload, then for the average to be 10.2, the maximum should be significantly higher.

I don’t think you’ve studied math beyond a basic level

What do you use as a source on that 100km/h?

Your neighbour saying he definitely averaged that yesterday after pub?

As that is currently the source we are supposed to believe.

2 Likes

No. 10.2 is the average overload in the document, and also the principle of operation says that the minimum and maximum are very different.

I see a lot of people here are not good with logic and math.

The math is not the problem. The problem is that you do not have a source saying the Igla can do X maximum G overload. You only have a theoretical value based on a calculation, and that is not a valid source on gaijin standards. Plenty of suggestions were denied by them because theory is not a source and you need a clear statement from a primary source that one does what you claim it does.

The formula follows from the source, so it is.

I will explain what people are trying to tell you in a nice and simple way. Lets take my mass X, and calculate my muscle mass Y. We have Y and with that Y i should be able to lift Z mass. But can i? No because even if i should be able to lift Z mass due to Y muscle mass i have a weak spine and i can only lift Z-Q. That is what they try to tell you. What formula states it is not always true.

That formula is not listed in the source of the igla and in any point of the post of the blog they claim the got the formula from the igla sources. It is a known calculation for non-rolling missiles. You’re dead wrong right here.

Okay. Let’s say. Let’s say igla has an “average of 10.2” and stinger has a “maximum of 22”.

But the stinger will not turn in practice, because we have no data on the average overload, and the formula may be unreliable.

Do you want to do that?

We do not have the formula for the stinger pull afaik, correct me if im wrong

There’s brunch of sources say that Stinger can pull 22G if they think they’re lies how about that Stinger already prove how effective it is in recent war?