MANPADS Missiles and Overload: The Technical Details

If the source has an average g. That’s enough to calculate the maximum.

If they write max g, igla will have 16 and nothing will change. Stinger will be better in the same ratio

With what formula? The one they got from igla?

NO IT ISN’T

Yeah, the formula on igla gives us a maximum of 16 from her average of 10.2.

Can’t you even do math?

You do realize I’m applying the formula for igla to herself? 10.2 avg - 16 max.

Yeah he can. Can you provide source that the igla can physically do 16g? Any papers, brochures, secondary sources? Anything?

If her average is 10.2, the formula says the maximum is 16

That “formula” isn’t a primary source lmfao.

Again, 5th time, can you provide ANY source that clearly says the 9m39 igla can physically do 16g maximum overload from any primary or secondary source?

That’s what it is, since it was obtained from igla documents

You have an average and you convert it. Otherwise you’re comparing apples and oranges.

Source?

Gaijins word means literally nothing.

The source is listed in the top

Nope. Because being theoretically able to do does not mean it is physically able to do it. For that you need a clear statement from any, any primary source that says explicitly “the 9M39 Igla have 16g of maximum overload”. That is that simple.

Yeah you aren’t worth the effort.

Have a nice day bud.

1 Like

If he physically averages can 10, he physically maxes out at 16

Seems I have been mistakenly been refering to the overload instead of the average pull that Gaijin did the math on.
However, the issue remains that you can’t apply the formula you use on the igla to the stinger/mistral, considering the different approaches. Sure, those aren’t modelled in game, probably. But a simple way to model them is to have a different parameter (i.e. less than 60%-70% of loss between the max overload and average one)
To add to this, the primary sources states the stingers manoeuvrability is 22g, so it can be interpreted as average or max overload, if we want to go down this route at least.

1 Like

Correct, i missed the V both when checking and posting.

Thats not how it works. Thats is that simple. Being theoretically able to do does not mean it is physically able to do it. For that you need a clear statement from any, any primary source that says explicitly “the 9M39 Igla have 16g of maximum overload”. Do you have any?

2 Likes

I don’t use it.
I only use it on igla.
Average 10.2 equals 16 Max