Making Russian Tank Protection more realistic

Merkava is plastic? With the engine in the front that stops APFSDS like that’s it’s job?

Nevermind that every tank that isn’t Chinese has a much faster second shot capability, and the T series is often OHK by just aiming at the LFP.

Seriously, skill issue.

And no, not just the Abrams. Air too. You know, strongest air tree?

Pretty much any tanks that get shot there often result dead anyway not just Russian tanks

1 Like

I assure you, I’ve played many matches in the Merkava Mk.4, and I can report with little doubt the engine block does not stop darts.

My Merkava Mk. 2D would like you to know that it’s engine doesn’t know what stopping APFSDS feels like.

3 Likes

I mean considering Russia has the 3rd worst top tier tanks ( not counting air and spaa) I think this would probably help a lot

1 Like

Leo’s would have even be stronger if the reload speed would be accurate, but gaijin clearly has balance in mind and Russia is now worse tanks then any big top tier nation exept uk

I kinda doubt the Ariete, Merkava, Challenger 2, Challenger 3 and ZTZ-99A are worse than the T-80BVM.

I mean I put uk under 1 section and I would say that ariete and chally are worse , the Chinese one is a bit worse then the t-80bvm but jsut flat out better then t-90m so I’d say the top tier in general is equal / better , as for the Merkava I forgot about it , but even then it’s got a faster reload speed , more survivability better shell problem with Israel top tier that it’s only 1 tank and not a lineup

lol no

“lol no “ such a nice answer

Buddy what the hell are you talking about!

Merkava is indeed plastic, and the engine rarely stops any APFSDS and it is not its job.

Chinese tanks jot got a buff and got modelled correctly while other nations can just dream to get the same treatement.

Now that China being bad has burnt up with upcoming update and italy too, what’s next?

Abrams is as bad as Leclerc and Challengers wym?

He’s right, Merkavas got poor survivability compared to irl.

So we using irl meanwhile Abram’s got a 4 second reload while Leo got 6 second while no Abram’s crew does it in 4 but Leo crews do it in 5 ? Ok buddy

Meant to edit my previous, incredibly brief message to give a further description, but I guess it would be better to just send a new message.

The problem with the Merkava’s survivability is it’s survivable because it’s crew is spread out, not because of it’s armour. It’s armour against APFSDS is absolutely horrible, comparable to a T-72B against darts. Almost all kinetic shells that land will take out at least half the crew, either leaving it immobile and slow to reload, or completely unarmed. Most hull shots will instantly kill everyone in the turret, killing it instantly. If a Merkava doesn’t successfully kill or disarm it’s opponent in the first shot, it dies unless it somehow bounces the enemy shell or the engine block preforms it’s monthly shell consumption.

Same with Russia , since you have a autoloader which takes up half the tanks and it can be penned almost anywhere (upper glacies near drivers , turret near cannon , lower glacies) and it has a much slower reload than anyone else , if you don’t 1 shot the enemy and you are in the open you can just j out since they reload faster then you , have better pen and even if they don’t 1 shot kill you they will take out your autoloader and driver lr explode you

I guess so, but Russian tanks at least have a concept of working armour. I guess most tanks in a situation like that though would be pretty screwed

1 Like

It’s worse for Russia since if you shoot first you might reload faster , but everyone else reloads 1 second faster then you unless you take out their loader , and if they know where to shoot they 1 shot you 100 percent of the weak spots

That’s a bit of a stretch.

The Abrams can at least keep WW2 ammo from instakilling them through the hull. Leclerc and CR1/CR2* cannot, with no composite plates of decent thickness on their lower hull.

*I admit, I do not remember if the chunk of chobham the CR2 variants have can keep low powered KE ammo out. Pretty sure it can’t. Leclerc definitely can’t, with a near vertical 40mm plate being their only lower hull protection.

Abrams Mains complained about poor armor and wanted improvements and Gaijin couldn’t give them that so they gave them 5 sec reload not 4.

While Leos do not need any more buffs, good survivability and mobility so?

I’ve shot Leclerc on the hull it literally didn’t pen, yeah bad armor but it can surprise you, but the Abrams is suffering from “no improvements whatsoever since the old M1 Abrams” the SEPV2 got added with 2A7,STRVB+, all of them got huge improvements while SEPV2 didn’t get its TROPHY, and the hull still the same from the 80’s.

Ok and now Russia mains are (rightfully so) complaining about the 2nd worst top tier shell , 2nd worst mobility (arguably first) pretty bad survisbility , so give them a buff , the only reason Russia is still above 50 percent win rate is because of good cas and helis

Forgot worst reload rate after China mb