Making Russian Tank Protection more realistic

RNG doesn’t make for a good vehicle. Obviously it was annoying when you shot a T-80BVM in the carousel, only for the ammo to turn black and not detonate.
However, for the T-80BVM that was a 1 in 25 situation, the other 24 times his vehicle detonated normally.

That doesn’t make sense.
The ERA doesn’t magically teleport around to block shots.

I never had any major trouble with that. As I said, it was occasionally annoying, but didn’t stop me from stomping T-series tanks reliably.

afbeelding

2 Likes

2a4 above the bvm? is this considering their br as even then i would pick my challenge mk 3 over it any day?

This is all relative to the BR’s they’re placed at. Also don’t take it too seriously as it’s more of a meme post.

Challenger Mk.3 (and Mk.2) is just bad and nowhere near an M1 or Leo 2A4 in terms of effectiveness/suiting the meta.

1 Like

Sweden also has been the hold w nation for 4 years. It’s easy to forget that the first Strv 122 was added 4+ years ago and instantly became one of the best tanks in game.

Also don’t mind sartt too much, he is just a walking and talking skill issue.

1 Like

L26 isn’t bad, thats about it.

Ariete gameplay:

1 Like

The only reason why it wasn’t popular/called the best was because it only had DM33 for the longest time.

2 Likes

I was debating adding them but at least the Arietes have mobility

The 2a4 is good, but thats it. Its probably my go to for the pinacle of ok mbts for its br. It does nothing wrong but it doesnt do anything perfectly but its still great. Challenger mk2/3 in a hull down map is actually 11.0 worthy, just a shame we only see cqb maps nowadays…

T-90A below T-72B is borderline insane
Literal upgrade that has to fight same enemies (cus of premium spam) as T-72B but while having better armour,speed, APDSFS, actual sights and thermals.

1 Like

2A4 is easy the best tank on 10.3 with good mobility, gun and protection.

M1 Abrams is better, slightly. They’re both the best tanks at their Br, though.

1 Like

Hmmm. Interesting point, but i’d rather choose T-72M2 or Obj.292

Weaker gun (105 vs. 120 on Leo) is only thing i can find worse than Leo on BR 10.3 , but Leo in game doesn’t have ammo that it can easily shoot IRL (DM33, DM33A1, DM33A2), same as Abrams i suppose.

I shoot the T-80BVM in its turret and it dies thinking its flipped M1A2 armor will help it.
All I do is just not shoot its hull, or I shoot its idler wheel.

T-80BVM is among the easiest tanks to frag alongside Abrams because of its layout.
Though BVM has ammo to detonate while Abrams does not.

Also weird of you to claim the entire turret is a mantlet…

The whole turret isn’t a mantlet.

I had forgotten about the 292 lmao, easily THE best 10.3 hands down, excellent armour, amazing gun.

2 Likes

-my tank has good armour, decent mobility, 6/10

-what could make it 10?

-a huuuge gun that my tank would probably would break itself when shooting more than 2 shells

Yeah, but Abrams has better armor, better reload, bigger ready rack, and slightly better mobility. DM23 isn’t even that good at 10.3 anyway, I’d rather have the reload.

I’m like, 90% sure, that textolite, is mostly used to:
A) Cause premature fragmentation
B) Catch & hold shreds of the broken penetrator rod
C) Slow down the penetrator

Am I saying that your wrong, no, absolutely not, but I do believe that the spalling should be, highly decreased, also, the slowing down of the penetrator and the “shattering” effect caused by the stupid high angle will neutralize most incoming Long, and Short rod penetrators.

Practically speaking, the armor isn’t great, but the thing is, the high angle, just really would cause, extreme shell shatter, if no shatter occurs, the layers of steel will slowly “guide” it upwards, and cause it to have more LOS and less pen.

i know that, i told about a downside of M1 Abrams compared to Leopard 2

I’m way too tired to read apparently, apologies.

1 Like