Major Update "Seek & Destroy" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

@Smin1080p as the f4f ice gets AIM9Li, will the swedish gripen be replaced with the these? From my understanding the rb74(m) is code wise just a copy of aim9m, but “lore wise” a modernization of the previous aim9L to the aim9Li

1 Like

It’s not currently planned

2 Likes

You are aware they propably only gonna turn on smoke trail on the aim 9m code right?

Sorry if I’m asking a question you can’t answer, but do you know if the Namer will get composite armor?

Feels off that an IFV on a Merkava Mk.4 chassis with the turret removed and no conposite is still only 4 tons lighter than the normal Mk.4.

5 Likes

As far as I’m aware vehicles on Dev many not be fully configured. However if you have material about what it’s protection should be, it can be submitted as a suggestion report.

6 Likes

How to make Aim-9L/I:

Step 1: Copy the entire Aim-9M
Step 2: turn on the Smoke from the 9M
Step 3: rename it to Aim-9L/I
Step 4: well done, you have now a Aim-9L/I

9 Likes

Namer, merkava weight issue is one of the greatest questions in war thunder

2 Likes

How to make Aim-9L(I)-1:

Step 1: Copy the entire Aim-9L(I)
Step 2: turn off the Smoke from the 9L(I)
Step 3: rename it to Aim-9L(I)-1
Step 4: well done, you have now a Aim-9L(I)-1

6 Likes

Nah, to hard
Step 1: Copy Aim-9M
Step 2: Rename it to Aim-9L(I)-1
Step 3: Enjoy your new missile

5 Likes

Hey, maybe this will help you. Quote from Brigadier general Yaron Livnat, Merkava Tank Program Manager:

namer reinvested

source

1 Like

Is there any update for the dev server?

should come a bit later

Does this go for full real as well?

16km…

4 Likes

The F 15C now gets its maximum 8x AIM 120 as in reality.

Has something already been written somewhere about the BOL Pods, which she also has in real?

1 Like

All fun and games until a ship named after a random farm state in the US pulls up fr.

Just waiting for thr 1200 chaffs on the IDS

“Better protected from belly charges and IEDs”

CE not KE protection. It’s really heavy to protect against RPG and so on, which is what Israelis have been concerned with almost exclusively for like 50 years.

Well as of now the namer protects worse against CE munitions as well, as it has none of the composite armor that the Mk.4s have in the hull.

I don’t even know how it could weigh 61 tons if it also has no armor and isn’t significantly larger than a Merkava hull (people have said that the Mk.4 turret weighs 20 ton, but I haven’t found anything to verify that).

If we use that 20 ton figure, where did the other 16 tons of weight come from?

EDIT: also this is not an attack or anything, just wondering out loud.

3 Likes

sea harrier fa2 should go to12.0 ,it much weak than j8f and av8b+

1 Like