Major Update "Seek & Destroy" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

apds, that breaks much more easily but this creates tungsten spalling to go everywhere around something like concrete structures or lightly armored vehicles

dosent seem like it altough idk what they plan on doing with the mantis system they plan on buying

Would it have similar pen to regular APDS?

If so, Gaijin might limit the quantity of that belt too.

Similar, yeah, and it’d be the entire ammo capacity rather than just 40 rounds of it. The Gepard 1A2 should have it, since it’s one of the main things that was part of the upgrade programme, and be placed at 10.7, also.

would have worse pen due to it being more brittle than normal, but the purpose of it its to create massive ammount of damage for a 30 mm or even 25 mm

wait the UK plans on buying Mantis? I know they plan on buying the RH155 boxer, but never heard about them looking at Mantis

That would be… spicy.

I see the Gepard/Marksman used as anti-tank vehicle regularly. With a full load of that round, combined with it’s high RoF it would be quite the experience going up against it.

The UK isn’t buying Mantis to my knowledge though we may end up buying it eventually given we seem to only want to use German Boxer modules (Cough RH155 Cough even though artillery is the one thing we actually know how to build).

But the best option for us would be a CTA-40 mod to standardise with the army and the navy.

Even it it’s something like (now I’m guessing) ~90mm instead of 127mm it’s still enough to be an absolute menace, assuming non-limited belt size.

It would have to be above a certain BR for sure, or else it’ll steal all the IFV’s jobs xD

Considering that even the ~60mm of pen on the Falcons AP-I shell is a menace, 90mm would be amazing with that ROF.

they were interested in going for it but nothing yet

whats all new with dev server update?

It’s not clear if they get it irl, as they seem to look for other options like K2.

1 Like

@Smin1080p Will there be a fix to the AIM-120A/B and MICA-EM where they will violently wobble?

1 Like

I’ve been noticing that with most missiles. Even Aim-9Ms. So im thinking its quite a universal issue

1 Like

From playing on there the R-77, R-73, Magic II, and R-60M currently don’t and what the MICA and AIM-120s are doing is insane and killing their performance at range

Romania has already put in an order for 54 M1A2Rs.

1 Like

Actually? :0

Yes.

So it’s is an option then for Italy to have this as a Squadron vehicle yaay