Major Update “Seek & Destroy” — DEV Server Changelog (11.06.2024)

On this forum I sometimes have a difficult time telling what’s sarcasm, and what isn’t.

But I assume this is making fun of a recent post.

I initially thought so too, but then the dev server updated the armour to the values they are currently at.

It seems strange to me that they would do significant work on the armour but not get the values where they should roughly be.

2 Likes

But I assume this is making fun of a recent post.

I would never.

I initially thought so too, but then the dev server updated the armour to the values they are currently at.
It seems strange to me that they would do significant work on the armour but not get the values where they should roughly be.

I’m certain it will still have the composite added as the devblog states:

By order of the Canadian military, Leopard 2A4M CAN tanks are equipped with composite armor modules at the front of the turret and hull

There is no composite added to the front of the turret yet but is mentioned here, and with that image highlighting that those wedges would hold the additional armour it is likely to be there.

With the exception of the typical weaker areas at the front, such as around the sight and turret ring, the Leopard 2A4M CAN is able to withstand most kinetic shells and ATGMs from enemies around its rank to the front.

Assuming they are talking about the turret here mainly given they are talking about the sights/turret ring this would indicate the increased protection on the turret otherwise if it is able to resist most shells at 11.3/11.7.

It’s just a WIP progress model, it will end up as a leopard 2PL but with a better round at the same BR.

2 Likes

Would give it an advantage over other f15c

would love to see the fim92k stinger get its 20-22 G

1 Like

ZZ

8 Likes

Or the Mistral’s 32.

2 Likes

You did not just say the OES would be higher than this lol. without l27a1 the TES and OES could be moved to 10.7 as all the rounds it would face would pen exactly the same areas as all the top tier rounds.

3 Likes

Let’s see whatt 2.36.0.24 has to offer.

DEV is updating (0.6 GB)

1 Like

Both are too shitty currently,… sometimes it just happens to be a big mess, with nothing to differentiates ennemies.

Yes I would say that the OES is better than the current itteration of the 2A4M. Better armor, better survivability and a 5 second reload on it’s first 4 rounds. Meanwhile the only advantages the 2A4M has are CITV and a bit better mobility.

The 2A4M has even worse armor for it’s BR than the normal 2A4 lol while also being less mobile, nice upgrade.

1 Like

First off, the 2A4M isn’t finished yet and will most likely have significantly better turret armour than the OES once finished.
Second off it has a better round than any of the challenger 2s get.
Third off you are massively understating the difference in mobility.
Mobility has and will always be king and the OES/TES has the worst mobility of any top tier tank except for apparently maybe one of the merkavas.
You also don’t have hull ammo in the leopard.

2 Likes

They still haven’t put in the composite, you cant actually expect them to add it to 11.3 of all brs, for germany (well known for whaling out for premiums), with kekw… Be patient as they will put the composite in, and it will be a 2a6 equivilant, so perfectly fine at 11.3. gaijins retarded but that much, they would have had it already at 10.3 if they were just gonna make it a 2a4 with spaced armour.

1 Like

And they just added another 2 tons :( It plays the same as my centurions already, please dont give me anymore food gaijin.

Mobility is king at top tier when it is combined with great armor and survivability.

This is why the 2A7V and Strv 122s are currently the meta MBTs and not something generally more mobile like a M1A2 SEP for example.

2 Likes

Mobility is king at top tier when it is combined with great armor and survivability.

Nope. Armour is the last line of defence after you have failed in every other aspect. Mobility allows you to outmanoeuvre and reach superior positions so that you never have to rely on the armour in the first place.

Mobility is king.

You mean like multiple US vehicles that were added with the C76A1 apfsds instead of US M774?

If they put the composite in, we haven’t had any indication that proves they are planning to.

It’s always “work in progress” until the update goes live and nothing changed.

If they put the composite in, we haven’t had any indication that proves they are planning to.

You know aside from the fact that they state it is going to have composite on the front of the turret in the devblog and that it will be able to resist almost all kinetic shells of the same rank except for the optics and turret ring.

And the fact that all the material clearly state it uses the composite in operations.

Absurd claim.

1 Like

Its at 11.3, you cannot expect them to put a 2a4 equivalent with kekw at 11.3 lmao. it just wont happen, its not like it can even have worse armour than the 2a6 as the 2a6 already has the worst possible layout either could have (which is just sad tbh). Just give it time.

1 Like

Yet you have no counter as to why your precious more mobile tanks (like the M1A2 SEP in my example) are getting hard stomped by generally less mobile tanks like the 2A7V and Strv 122.