Major Update "Seek & Destroy" - Changelog

MiG 23 has lost over 40 flares, instead of 73 its 30, and half of the flares are invisible, r24rs are easily chaffed now and radar looks extremely different.

Exactly. I feel the same way about maps. I’ve been playing WT since the beginning, but what they’ve done to the maps in recent years is a disaster. The old maps were bigger and had lots of hiding places and bumps. But someone in GJ probably thinks that less bushes, rocks and hills is great. Something must have fallen on his head. Now those maps are worthless. Of the maps, there are only either plains or a corridor. Make a flat patty and it can be fought over.

1 Like

Did something change with overpressure? Because I think I just got overpressured in my Raam Segol by a T-80B HEAT-FS round.

av 8b+ has 180CM But it is the middle one, See harrier fa2 have 380CM in max,but 320 of them is small one, So I think the av8b+ is better

Technically… Yes

But

AV-8B+ can run:

• 2x Aim-9M
  • 4X AMRAAM
  • 1x Gun pod

All with 180 CMs

It also has the harrier II airframe which does turn better

Sea harrier FA2 rarely has a gun pod and the extra CMs require a compromise. With 6x AAMs we only have 60 CMs. The most common config I’ve seen is:

• 2x Aim-9M
  • 3x AMRAAM
  • no gun pod

With 240 CMs

The sea harrier FA2 has the better radar but the worse handling.

It’s also worth noting that BOL CMs were nerfed massively and only about 25% as effective as they should be IRL. You need 2 to 3 BOL CMs to match the performance of a standard flare or chaff

2 Likes

by the way caused of bug ,the bol can’ work at all

please give us a explain about balance question between sea harrier fa2 and av8b+,thank you

Yea but the thing is no Fox-3 carrier should be lower then 12.3

Imagine what would happen when 11.0’s with inferior situational awareness and less potent armament face those Aim-120’s.

Best solution would be the increase top tier br to 13.3-13.7 and adjust the whole bracket.

Makes sense. As of now I don’t think there’s enough of a difference to justify a BR change for either.

That would be the best solution, but I can’t think of any 11.0 that couldn’t deal with a FA2 .

Maybe other buffs are needed. Like fixing BOL or adding BOL+Twin rail.

I already responded to you yesterday on this matter. Please stop spam tagging.

3 Likes

In WVR fight FA2 will always loose to 11.0’s, what makes it so dangerous is the loadout.

Imagine trying to survive against Aim-120 in your Mig-21Bis with SPO15 radar, that doesnt sound good right?

The Mig-21BIS is just as dead Vs F14A at 11.7 or Tornado F3 at 11.3 or basically any Phantom at 11.3

AMRAAM has potential, but not that deadly

Aim-120’s are much more dangerous then Aim-54 models, currently its the best long range Fox-3 missiles that can basically do anything better then Aim-54 except maximum range part.

all right , need time ,i know i know,balance on date only instead of fact,i understand
But can you fix the bug that bol is no use when chosing the aim9m+bol or aim120b +bol,thanks

Perhaps, I think the likelihood you’d ever actually see an 11.0 is low enough to not be an issue and I assume you’d spend most of your time in the FA2 firing at things at alt like the F14s. The likelihood of a Mig21 being targeted is small enough that I wouldn’t be overly worried

aim 120 is deadly to all aircraft without fox3 missles,no relationship it is 11.0 11.3 11.7 12.3 12.7,so send the FA to 12.0 will cause no difference

Yea but you gotta consider overall balance in this case(even tho not everything is hundred percent balanced).

If FA2 doesnt perform as good as Gaijin expected then they can drop its br to 12.0 but still, best solution would be increasing top tier to 13.3-13.7

Not really, if you have proper equipment that gives proper situational awareness then you can pretty much defend yourself against Aim-120’s and thats where the problem begins.

as we always knows ,it’s very very difficult for gaijin to decide to increas top tier