Major Update "Firebirds" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

One thing though to remember. Hellfire is usually fired with 0 velocity from a hovering heli. Brimstones will be launched at mach 1 ish and probably also with alt behind, with a better motor than Hellfire.

Im guessing around 1 minute impact time from max range?

So you want to research a 400k RP plane just to get moderately better Paveways?? Alright you do you

Nah it lets you fire, defend for a bit if you need to, use cover, etc. and then you can recommit and lase the target in the last 10-ish seconds, even with drift the laser should still be in the seeker’s FoV so it can re-engage

15 Likes

That way you can do all the evasive turns needed to dodge the wall of ARH and Pantsir missiles flying at you

less, even AGM-65 can go 12km in 45s

And also an Su-25. Yes, it has an advantage, but at this point, high tier CAS is basically DEAD first, and actual CAS second, so you’ve got to actually find the target, without a pod, and then hope the missile actually finds it’s target. Long distance flight is a b*tch, and I have about a 40% success rate if I play brainless.

Better move is to “sideclimb”, get elevation enough for good shots, spam 4, run, hope you don’t get targeted. Again, it’s an Su-25, so it’s going nowhere anytime soon.

AGM-65 can do 12km in 45 seconds then Brimstones at 20km is probably about a minute, maybe more

On the subject of historical modes that may or may not fit gameplay, any chance of the AS.12 getting it’s SAP warhead at some point in the near to moderate to far future?

The issue is you have to be up high n a Tornado, designed to fly low. You are subsonic and will be facing CAP aircraft with AIM120, R-77 and Pantsir. You need to guide a missile in manually bringing you closer to the battlefield and SAMs.

This aircraft doesnt work at the BR it will be placed.

This su25 sits about 18km away from the battlefield. It has nothing to worry about other than hostile jets. Which apllies to all strike jets

Im imagining its speed, considering its launched from a fixed-wing that it will be the same as a maverick but being significantly worse due to it being laser guided and you having to stay up in the air lol

yes, it can also do this, but since you are high in sky, it would be easy to keep lock while do some defend.

I see the ELOP marketing brochure here stating their improvements to gen 2 and what their company refers to as gen 3 in their product; but is this relevant to the litening 3 (if that’s even declassified?) and or what northrop considers “a generation 3 thermal imager”?

Any imaging company could say they made generation “x” thermals and slap it on a brochure, but in reality it’s still using the same generation 2 thermal imaging and just has technological improvements on the hardware.

Why are people tagging smin for a German tornado. He is not a developer so he can’t add it to the game. Hell it could be part of the update it just hasn’t been leaked or dev blogged

1 Like

While we are here, can we finally get TGP feed stabilization? Its still annoying that the moment you look slightly behind, the camera turns around

6 Likes

the thing that bothers me is that russia is likely to get the Su34 with 6x Kh38, which will make it substantially more deadly

3 Likes

A lot smaller too, it wont have the glide potential of an AGM

IOG is not accurate enough to hit without laser guidance for the terminal phase, afaik it’s not GPS so it will deviate a lot. It will likely share the same values as the Hellfire which already deviate too much at much closer ranges, let alone at the ranges you will use it from a fixed wing aicraft. But if you time it right, you can pop up when the missiles are like 5s away from hitting or something to provide laser guidance.

What makes me excited though are the DMLGBUs, the Paveway IV and EGBU-24s. I wonder if other nations will finally get their old Paveways too upgraded too. But then again, likely these bombs won’t really be much better than a JDAM as long as Gaijin keeps the Paveway seekers in their current state (pretty abysmal to use from >10km).

A problem, what’s Brimstones’s official range, it will affect it’s self destruct range in game