Major Update “Dance of Dragons” — DEV Server Changelog (30.08.2024)

That’s what I was saying too, a good map gives everybody a chance, now imagine you play something like the Italian VBC at 9.0 with 92pen autocannon, where else do you go other than the North?
Do you have the slightest chance of winning against something like leopard from the front?
Newer maps of this game are consistently forcing everyone either in a frontal conflict or a point zero range, even the older maps are getting regions deleted like alaska or port, vehicles that relies on flanking are suffering more and more in this process without their BR lowered.
Ad it’s not just a balancing issue, it’s for realism sake as well, I play WT for all these factors like bigger and more versatile maps, longer and more realistic engaging distances, etc. I did not come here for another world of tanks.

1 Like

Well, I am concerned that cutting off border regions, flattening, and downsizing maps has become a trend, and sooner or later all maps will be a corridor map.

The writing is on the wall

3 Likes

They suffer the same problem they put invisible walls anywhere maybe that’s really were warthunder is headed

So yea why not add hp bars for Arcade and realistic/sarcasm

1 Like

And you could take a 5 minutes detours too, same goes for you teammates. If none of you watch the side and get slammed on you should not be complaining about it.

1 Like

VR Aiming in Tanks is still broken. Please get this fixed

VR Tank Aiming is Broken // Gaijin.net // Issues

There is still the south for wider flanking and sniping, and urban maps with lots of streets inherently lean into flanking, just not “drive 5 km away from the battle on the map boarder into the enemy spawn”-flanking.

Imo it’d be hard to change the map so you’d leave the area across the river intact while also preventing the bad actors from shredding the enemy spawn every game.

the sad part is that there’s always players whose preferred playstyle is exploiting anything they can use to get an unfair advantage. My guess is that this change is precisely done to combat these kinds of players, and most of the other map border changes too.
Giving players the freedom to take a 2km wide detour to get to the enemy spawn’s sides and rear untouched and undetected is simply not good map design.

1 Like

Oh flanking is unfair, sure
I gotta try to beat your kingtiger from the front with my M18 it seems

6 Likes

Point. On. That. Side.

There are better ways to do that without putting a border around the entire map

1 Like

… huh…???

If you’re in a heavy tank, and I’m in a dinky ah light tank, do you seriously expect me to drive up to you and challenge you to a “honorable” duel, mano o mano?

If you’re visually impaired and can’t watch your flanks, say so. But to pretend that all flanking and maneuvering is “unsportsmanlike” is pure cope

3 Likes

Personally I love flanking around maps and then cutting up and through the centre line of an utterly oblivious enemy team.
Not much feels better.
These changes only further remove and constrain the ability to do so and are done to benefit the common denominator who holds W down the middle of maps and gets picked off by more experienced players.
I except nothing less though, attention spans are decreasing and gaijin is just capitalising on and catering to that.

Yep. And Ground RB is especially bad for this, due to the combination of no enemy markers (much more difficult natural teamwork with randoms), third-person view (over cover while being literally impossible to see), bushes on top of both of those, goofy camera inside the barrel and also generic-same-on-everything reticles (easy pixel sniping), snowball effect with SP, ULQ and audio volume abuse, and more.

Ground RB doesn’t suffer from map problems, it suffers from mode problems, which simply end up “feeling” like map problems. It’s a combination of all the wrong AB/SB elements, and is worse than both as a result.

As you said, “flank” is most often used to mean “sit in a corner and shoot everyone in the side without ever getting into an actual engagement”.

But if an ambush position (sneaky first shot) is also a power position (somewhere you can continue to stay after going loud) then it’s an inherently overpowered and unbalanced position.

That’s not what I said.

Unfair is taking the long trip on the map border that noone can do anything about, other than waiting for you at the map border away from the fight, just to farm easy kills in the enemy spawn.

Flanking the actual combat area is fair and I do it alot myself. But you don’t do that from the 1-line on Eastern Europe.

1 Like

You don’t play Ground RB.

8 Likes

If you know better ways, may I ask you to provide some?

1 Like

Following this logic, being in a strong position with a heavy tank on the changes proposed to the maps is an unbalanced and overpowered position so the maps should be a flat grey plane.

For the love of god can we get these missing bombs added its been over a year now

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/18jyQu7rIh0r

4 Likes

if your problem is spawn camping, I totally agree with you.

However, there has to be a more elegant solution to spawn camping than axing half the map

For one, make the spawn points more protected, and on high ground with a commanding view around, instead of in a depression where the enemy can shoot into you.

Hell, expand the detection zones so a enemy tank in the corner of the map is visible to your team

What’s the difference between the SAMP and normal mk 80 series?

Alternatively, just make maps that incentivise covering flanking routes through objectives or natural beneficial positions.