Major Update “Dance of Dragons” — DEV Server Changelog (30.08.2024)

Make the position less powerful how many times do people flank around Kursk/fire ark ,the large Desert map
Or sun city
Or Future City the one with the sun tower’s

Or Advance to Rhine strange enough
Which is rater Compact so you can actually keep an eye on the flanker route’s

So if you would consider that part to not be a combat area then I’m sure tou missed the entire point.
Try flank yourself and you’ll see how easy to get killed by the flankers from the other side, it also takes guts and intelligence to successfully flank for a big reward, it’s the legit part of flanking play that people enjoy, not the “out of combat area” that you claimed.

Plenty of people do go to the north in this layout, sometimes even 4 or 5 persons.

1 Like

Many of us here have both planes. We know that all missiles wobble, that the AIM-120 enjoys superb range performance due to its neglible drag, that R-77 is hot garbage even within pitbull ranges cbecause its drag makes it fall out of the sky since it isn’t being properly modeled at both subsonic and supersonic speeds. The AIM-120 is by and large the best Fox-3 in the game and the R-77 the worst with some like the AAM-4 edging ahead of the AIM-120 in some niche use cases.

1 Like

Or maybe you’re just one of the map border drifters. Are you scared to be anywhere near LOS with an enemy? Can you only get kills by sitting behind the enemy’s spawn in some bushes and shooting them when they’re barely out of spawn protection?
I’m going with that one.

That’s how stupid you sound with just assuming another player’s playstyle by whatever pops into your head first, btw.

I love flanking too. I do not need the 1-line and A-line on Eastern Europe to flank. And I sadly don’t really see a way to keep the area north of the river intact while cutting spawn campers off of easy uncontested routes into the enemy spawn’s sides and rear, other than maybe some very unnatural red zones specifically around an actual flanking area.

1 Like

He’s .7 in the F-15C MSIP and doesn’t have anywhere near top tier Russia or China lmao.

1 Like

R77 does the job but it certainly isn’t mica in the point blank, or amraam in the long range. It’s an unhappy middle.

US player classics.

5 Likes

How can that be wen both the r77 and the French missile have way more gs

I didn’t read anything you said because I already know it isn’t worth my time.

You want to lemmingtrain down the middle and don’t like when I come around behind you and deposit a 120 mil sleeping pill in your rear end and want gaijin to shrink the maps as a result.

Simple as.

If you used them, you’d know both have plenty of issues. MICA wobbles itself out of the sky, and r77 has abysmal drag.

2 Likes

It even takes away the fun of jumping the enemy team’s flank in a heavy tank. Nothing quite as amusing as watching the shermans scatter after popping out with a KV.

missed that at first, very happy about it, since Mikuma is my favorite cruiser:) the surface is on dev in line with the top of frontal ammoracks, could you check how does that compare to live server?

1 Like

It’s just that I often don’t have faith that R-77s will hit a target at the outer ranges of pitbull range. I’m not even talking about the opponent taking appropriate defensive maneuvers. 16km launches is enough time to notch any missile if the opponent is aware. But a 16km shot is something where I wouldn’t be surprised to see the R-77 just run out of energy and fall out of the sky against a sleeping opponent that gently turned cold a bit. At such ranges the SPAMRAAM is never going to miss due to running out of energy.

2 Likes

The same way that AIM-9Ms are incredibly superior to the R-60 despite both having 30gs. G overload is far from the only important stat.

I trust it to hit a blind target at 16km, but it’s much more happy being launched at 10.

Stat cards are often wildly inaccurate except for basic things like a tank’s gun depression or reload rate. You should know this by the time that you get to top tier.

1 Like

Shame that gaijin will continue to shrink the maps as long as the skill of the average player remains so poor and their attention span continues to shrink in proportion due to the brainrot inflicted by the likes of tiktok.

On high ground you just get shot from across the map. Best example is the new south spawn for the big version of Ardennes. Literally unplayable these days.

Going the other way and making it a pit that you spawn in doesn’t help much either because people can just shoot you leaving the pit while behind cover, or use the pit against you to kill you while hulldown.

Putting buildings etc. for cover nearby only helps when you’re aware of a spawn camper. And honestly, it would just shove you into peek-a-boo situations, which would be terrible too.

I doubt just expanding detection zones would help either, would feel very off to be detected across half the map. It’s a good starting point but people would still find a way to exploit it, I guarantee you.

In the style of maps WT uses, urban map spawn areas with several points to leave that are in the detection zone so enemys can’t peek-a-boo camp them, yet very limited access to sightlines, seems to be the one that works best so far, but a part of the playerbase would cry if all maps were urban. But that style of spawn point doesn’t always work when Gaijin tries to keep the maps based off of real locations.

The problem is the players and I think killing an enemy a short time after they spawned should kick you from the game with no rewards and a SL penalty and leave the player you targeted untouched. Just really hurt people for even trying it. Or cut them off of the chance to spawn camp entirely (which Gaijin seems to try here). I don’t really see another way.

1 Like

I’m stuck at work for several more hours, but if no one else posts a comparison by the time I can get to it, I’ll do so. Very cool to see the racks are protected now!

1 Like

There’s definitely a sweet spot where it performs better than the SPAMRAAM in a joust, but until now it was impractical to ever leverage it. Usually 20km ACM would let the SPAMRAAM player shoot first and go defensive while the russian is either waiting for 10km or juggling with IRST or the BVR targetting. The upgrades to russian ACM will let them actually leverage the close range performance of their missiles a bit more.

But the SPAMRAAM is just a completely different beast. I’ve gotten so many kills with it in the harrier even when hovering at a complete standstill or even BACKWARDS flight against targets as high as 9km straight above me while I’m on the deck. A hypothetical R-77 launched from a harrier in the same position would never reach its target.