Major Update “Dance of Dragons” — DEV Server Changelog (30.08.2024)

The A-10C should be able to mount an additional Bomb in the Center Pylon. Currently it’s only reserved for the Center Drop Tank but in real life it was able to be used to carry the same payloads as it’s neighboring Pylons. Sure it wasn’t used for that purpose much in real life, but the option was there and I wish to have that option.

1 Like

My takes on the update so far:

• United States:
    • T1E1(90): Nice addition and contributes to the full lineup! Fun vehicle to use with the 90mm putting in some work.
    • F-111F: F-111F is an absolute win!
    • A-10C: Another absolute win!
    • M1A1 AIM: Still missing the thermal imager for the Commander’s Weapon Station. Thermal Sight Module is plainly seen on the model.
    • M1 Abrams Armor: Still in need of a desperate rework.
    • HSTV-L HE-VT Round: Huge win, absolutely welcomed addition. Vehicle needs IRST capability which has been shown in its FCS documents and then we’re in the zone.
    • AH-64D: Need AGM-114L ‘Longbows’ to provide the vehicle fire-and-forget capabilities.
    • AH-1Z: Good to see the vehicle getting AGM-114K’s, still need the AGM-114L ‘Longbows’.
  • United Kingdom:
    • Stormer AD: Completely surprised and excited to see the Stormer AD, though I think having some form of mod or change to the 30mm would make it even more welcome.
    • F-111C (ADF): Fantastic to see but a bit disappointed with how Australia and Commonwealth as a whole is being split up. The ADF has the AIM in the USA tree and the F-111C in the U.K. Tree.
  • Germany:
    • Puma VJTF: Glad to see and leaves the door open for the future Puma S1 to cap the tree as a whole off with its MUSS 2.0 and aux grenade launcher. The Spike’s need a rework overall.
    • FFA P-16/Swiss Sub-tree: A smart idea honestly, good to see. Nice community outreach with using a model made by a player. The P-16 is an absolute CAS menace.
  • France:
    • VCAC Mephisto: Where is my HOT-3’s for this vehicle?!
    • French Coastal: Welcomed but the implementation is rough with some vehicles incapable of even conducting basic offense.
    • Vextra 105: The vehicle is in need of OFL 105 F2 APFSDS-T. The F1 round doesn’t cut it.
    • AMX-30B2 BRENUS: This vehicle should also get the OFL 105 F2 or similar round to differentiate it in BR from the standard AMX-30B2.
    • CV9035NL: Vehicle is missing key features like its KETF round capability. Same goes for the CV9035DK in the Swedish Tree. Also the fact that the NL version has autotracking while the DK does not. The feature is necessary for both vehicles for its AHEAD capability.
  • Japan:
    • CTWV RCV: Awesome to see but give me full stri**er pole!
  • Israel:
    • Tiran 6: Glad to see it, performs well. Need more vehicles that are captured and modified.
    • Israel needs more TLC with support vehicles.
    • F-16C Barak II: Trade the AIM-120’s for Python 4’s since the Barak II has no BVR capability IRL.
  • USSR:
    • ZSU-23-4M2: Fantastic addition, classic modification made in response to the Afghan War.
  • Italy:
    • Freccia: Having the Janus Sight added to the Freccia is a major win, especially for SIM enthusiasts.
  • China:
    • J-10A: Fantastic addition, glad to see the plane. It handles very well, and nice loadout. Disappointed on the PL-5 considering it never had it and there’s really no point of it, just give it P-8’s like how every other plane has there standard top missile.
    • JF-17: Fantastic, excellent maneuverability and fun overall.
    • Al Khalid: Nice to see some more Pakistan representation, its a solid tank. Essentially its a MBT2000 but in Pakistani livery.
    • Antelope: This one is dear to the heart, it was my first suggestion on the forum. Very glad to see it, need the RADAR added.
13 Likes

Update hasn’t even been out yet and one of the only devblogged vehicles, the T1E1 (90), is already forgotten. 😭

1 Like

Added! lmao.

I like it, its a fun vehicle that plays like the M6. 90mm adds some serious firepower.

1 Like

I think it’s interesting. It’s the lowest BR closed top 90 mm vehicle, so it’s going to have good firepower without being as vulnerable as the M36s, although sacrificing forwards mobility (and other things like turret traverse, APCR).

On one hand I wish they made it more interesting with the improved armor package. On the other I don’t mind too much that it has the weaker armor because this lets it sit at a lower BR.

2 Likes

It’s KETF, not AHEAD, but a bug report for the air burst munition of the CV9035NL is underway!

For more info on the CV9035NL and CV9035NL MLU:

The bug report: Community Bug Reporting System

2 Likes

T1E1(90) and F-111F are such great additions to the US tree. The T1E1(90) finally adds a protected tank with good firepower to US 5.7 and the F-111F as a supersonic attacker/strike aircraft should mean less need to take 2 fighter into your lineup for top tier, maining less issues with spawnpoints.

I just really wish they move the A-10C to a more appropriate BR for Ground, if could easily be 11.3 and wouldn’t even be out of place lol.

3 Likes

Bro skipped a nation, not suprising considering what its getting lmao

They could fire smoke shells, forcing the camper to have to move and also making it obvious that there is enemy close

Sweden lol, I’m happy about the Finnish KV-1 but I’m still seething on the whole idea about the KV-1 locked in the German tree. That’s why I didn’t put it.

1 Like

Edited KETF. Either way hope it goes through m8

IMHO P-16 at BR 9.0 is too high. 8.7 would be better suited.
G91 Germany is at 8.7 and has access to the same AIM-9B, rockets and bombs

1 Like

Yeah I agree that it should be at least 8.3 or 8.7 for grb. No ccip for bombs and rockets makes it much weaker than the alpha jet and g91 has still nords for more range.

I think for arb it could go to 8.7. Dont really know how it will perform there but G91s across the board should have moved to 8.3 aswell when the mig15bis etc. was moved there. It’s slightly better than the g91 though

1 Like

Idk, 5.0 and you cant angle the turret for armor like the zis 5, 5.0 kinda makes it doa, also poor pen. Not to mention it doesnt have a linup where itll be good regardless of br. KV-1B just would’ve been a better addition. Ngl im calling the rest of the finnish vehicle will be event/prem which is per usual for finland.

The map designers needs to be retrained and take some courses. Gaijin should create a workshop for designers and learn some things from other games development studious.

Whoever makes the maps they need to start doing research and build some high quality maps with proper testing and game modes.

4 Likes

Can you please stop want to ruin naval ?
Bring back old rope.

This I have been waiting for over a decade now and it’s finally here, it needs a lot of work but they added it to the British tree where we belong. Sure we have the AIM in the American tree but I’m happy to have them apart because my favourite jet is in the tree it belongs in.

Per Ardua Ad Astra!
images - 2024-09-01T061959.408

1 Like

It’s because most of the stats need to have an asterisk next to them. It’s turn rate is X seconds at Y altitude with Z fuel and A initial airspeed at the start of the turn, etc etc etc. You can’t assume that it’s always going to be an apples to apples comparison when comparing stat cards. Even looking at official data from first party IRL sources, they may all have their own standards for how they perform their tests. On top of that the stat cards don’t tell you all of the notable metrics necessary to see the full picture. One major example is the recent addition of the Farkour 90. By the stat cards it looks like a heavier slower phoenix that doesn’t pull as well. The stat cards don’t tell you that most of that weight is rocket propellant and that it accelerates off the rail SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the Phoenix which makes it the far superior missile in most engagement ranges that happen within the game.

It’s why you should really only care about stat cards for telling you the most basic of information. Things that aren’t reliant upon a myriad of additional variables or testing conditions. Stuff like “this bomb contains X kg of TNT equivalent explosive” or “this tank can depress its gun Y degrees and traverse Z degrees per second”.

that’s so stupid,…forcing player to go headon will result in over-use of SPG and Heavy tanks

1 Like