Major Update “Dance of Dragons” — DEV Server Changelog (30.08.2024)

Yep. And Ground RB is especially bad for this, due to the combination of no enemy markers (much more difficult natural teamwork with randoms), third-person view (over cover while being literally impossible to see), bushes on top of both of those, goofy camera inside the barrel and also generic-same-on-everything reticles (easy pixel sniping), snowball effect with SP, ULQ and audio volume abuse, and more.

Ground RB doesn’t suffer from map problems, it suffers from mode problems, which simply end up “feeling” like map problems. It’s a combination of all the wrong AB/SB elements, and is worse than both as a result.

As you said, “flank” is most often used to mean “sit in a corner and shoot everyone in the side without ever getting into an actual engagement”.

But if an ambush position (sneaky first shot) is also a power position (somewhere you can continue to stay after going loud) then it’s an inherently overpowered and unbalanced position.

That’s not what I said.

Unfair is taking the long trip on the map border that noone can do anything about, other than waiting for you at the map border away from the fight, just to farm easy kills in the enemy spawn.

Flanking the actual combat area is fair and I do it alot myself. But you don’t do that from the 1-line on Eastern Europe.

1 Like

You don’t play Ground RB.

8 Likes

If you know better ways, may I ask you to provide some?

1 Like

Following this logic, being in a strong position with a heavy tank on the changes proposed to the maps is an unbalanced and overpowered position so the maps should be a flat grey plane.

For the love of god can we get these missing bombs added its been over a year now

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/18jyQu7rIh0r

4 Likes

if your problem is spawn camping, I totally agree with you.

However, there has to be a more elegant solution to spawn camping than axing half the map

For one, make the spawn points more protected, and on high ground with a commanding view around, instead of in a depression where the enemy can shoot into you.

Hell, expand the detection zones so a enemy tank in the corner of the map is visible to your team

What’s the difference between the SAMP and normal mk 80 series?

Alternatively, just make maps that incentivise covering flanking routes through objectives or natural beneficial positions.

Make the position less powerful how many times do people flank around Kursk/fire ark ,the large Desert map
Or sun city
Or Future City the one with the sun tower’s

Or Advance to Rhine strange enough
Which is rater Compact so you can actually keep an eye on the flanker route’s

So if you would consider that part to not be a combat area then I’m sure tou missed the entire point.
Try flank yourself and you’ll see how easy to get killed by the flankers from the other side, it also takes guts and intelligence to successfully flank for a big reward, it’s the legit part of flanking play that people enjoy, not the “out of combat area” that you claimed.

Plenty of people do go to the north in this layout, sometimes even 4 or 5 persons.

1 Like

Many of us here have both planes. We know that all missiles wobble, that the AIM-120 enjoys superb range performance due to its neglible drag, that R-77 is hot garbage even within pitbull ranges cbecause its drag makes it fall out of the sky since it isn’t being properly modeled at both subsonic and supersonic speeds. The AIM-120 is by and large the best Fox-3 in the game and the R-77 the worst with some like the AAM-4 edging ahead of the AIM-120 in some niche use cases.

1 Like

Or maybe you’re just one of the map border drifters. Are you scared to be anywhere near LOS with an enemy? Can you only get kills by sitting behind the enemy’s spawn in some bushes and shooting them when they’re barely out of spawn protection?
I’m going with that one.

That’s how stupid you sound with just assuming another player’s playstyle by whatever pops into your head first, btw.

I love flanking too. I do not need the 1-line and A-line on Eastern Europe to flank. And I sadly don’t really see a way to keep the area north of the river intact while cutting spawn campers off of easy uncontested routes into the enemy spawn’s sides and rear, other than maybe some very unnatural red zones specifically around an actual flanking area.

1 Like

He’s .7 in the F-15C MSIP and doesn’t have anywhere near top tier Russia or China lmao.

1 Like

R77 does the job but it certainly isn’t mica in the point blank, or amraam in the long range. It’s an unhappy middle.

US player classics.

5 Likes

How can that be wen both the r77 and the French missile have way more gs

I didn’t read anything you said because I already know it isn’t worth my time.

You want to lemmingtrain down the middle and don’t like when I come around behind you and deposit a 120 mil sleeping pill in your rear end and want gaijin to shrink the maps as a result.

Simple as.

If you used them, you’d know both have plenty of issues. MICA wobbles itself out of the sky, and r77 has abysmal drag.

2 Likes

It even takes away the fun of jumping the enemy team’s flank in a heavy tank. Nothing quite as amusing as watching the shermans scatter after popping out with a KV.