Major Update 'Alpha Strike" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

F-14 drop tanks LETS FREAKING GOOOOOOOO!!!

2 Likes

uhhh- There is no Ram III. Unless you are talking about one of the Ram II (late) longe Barrel 6-pr and depending on what hull, no machine gun turret.

Ram II oversimplification from what I’ve found because I wanted to do this.

There are 3 major hull types (early, mid, and late) and two turret types (6-pr short and long-barreled)

All 3 hulls had both turrets so there is at least 6 possible Ram II’s that could come to War Thunder.

1 Like

what do you need them for? simulator?

So I don’t have to take max fuel

Now I can take 20 minute and drop the tanks when combat happens

why? you could just carry the extra fuel inside your plane and not have the added drag of droptanks?

I often haven’t got 20 minutes to last starting from the point of a dogfight

If a good m8 of mine said a pub isn’t great, I am gonna trust him on that, not gonna post a review tho.

If said m8 shares his experiences with the italian tech tree with me I can trust him on that as well and form an opinion based on what he tells me.

I always full burn, F-14B thristy. I always take the full hour anyway

Extra fuel means more weight. Being able to bring half fuel and tanks means you can drop the tanks if you need the performance. Or of course, if you get an EC map.

Because you can dump the tanks when you get into fight and then fight with lighter aircraft as opposed to having heavier load with just pure internal

2 Likes

This is where it shines. For me, i find it hard to return to base if i have to start dogfightning at 20 minutes of fuel in anything but the smallest maps. I guess that is a good purpose, glad they added droptanks. Can’t wait for the decoys to be added in future

1 Like

I don’t have dev server available, can anyone see if the F14 tanks got fins or not?

(Early ones did, late ones didn’t. Technically the F-14A Early’s should look different)

The Ram already in-game is the Ram II Early, since it has the Mk III QF 6pdr (57mm), which is seen on the Cromwell I and Crusader III.
The Late version has a Mk V QF 6pdr, which is seen on the Churchill III and the AEC Mk II.

The Mk.III 6pdr has 122mm of pen while the Mk.V 6pdr has 132mm of pen.
So the M4A5 Ram II (Late) would have a better gun than the Early version found in the US tree.

So I can see the Late version being 3.7 or 4.0 if/when it gets added.

1 Like

DCS has also ingrained into me that in the A model Tomcat the afterburner stays ON during combat, where’s in the B you can cycle it as much as you want. Obviously the flameout isn’t an issue in War Thunder but still…

Imo one leopard in uk tree or the rest canadian leopards will not make germany suffer bcs germany has a lot of leopards and many is waiting to add.

1 Like

not the leo argument again

can we argue after it comes if ever

4 Likes

Either way… One party is going home empty handed (and in tears)

4 Likes

Imagine if gaijin modelled the flameouts for the viggen

not in all cases

At least we can agree on that lol

It’s not about suffering. It’s about vehicles not going where they don’t belong. Britain has more than enough to fill all holes, and thus all Leopard 2s that don’t come from a nation already in game should go to Germany.