Major Update 'Alpha Strike" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

Let me answer you. F probably represent Fighter, CK means “Ching-kuo”, the former Taiwan leader, whose full name is Chiang Ching-kuo.

1 Like

Upon examining the video more carefully, and looking into the components a bit more, it would appear that the Su-25SM3 does not have IR/Laser redirect as this is only found in the “Balls of Life” equipment. Everything you described @soviet_MoonMan appears to be correct. However, I will say, the Vitebsk program should not be considered just an optical/IR protection program, but also a radar/EW program.

Here’s some stills from the video if anyone wants to see some interesting stuff about the program.

Spoiler

Last screenshot is of the technician assembling part of the radar jamming pod.

1 Like

The Takanami on the leak list is wild, that’s got to be one of the most modern ships in the game.

It’s probably this takanami, not the modern one

4 Likes

Maybe, but perhaps not the strongest - Pr.1143.4 Baku already has several times the firepower:

Was flying out the F-20 again today and realized it was missing a few things:
AIM-9Js, and an option for only 2x underwing Sidewinders (1x per pylon), as well as Zunis

As far as I know, the American F-5E was actually capable of using/compatible with the AIM-9P-4, since the US had them in limited numbers

Oshida’s mine is up, part 1 atleast

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1b5m0kz/dev_server_datamine_2330161_234019_part_1/

1 Like

wasn’t that F-5N/F?

F-5N/F used 9L/M, or at least the training versions

Actual F-5Es used the AERO-3A, which I believe were both compatible and cleared for use with the AIM-9P-4 (the USAF was still using their adversarial Tiger IIs into the mid-late 1980s, by which point the P-4 had entered service. This was without modifications)

4 Likes

Kinda wonder, not necessarily WT related but hopefully is, would the Netherlands have used 9P4’s on their F-104G’s or F-16 in the early days? They were a F-16A block 1 user, amongst newer models, and phased out the F-104G in 1984. Both used AIM-9P’s but I have trouble finding which variant. Most of the F-104G’s were built by Fokker.

The P-4 was like a 1985-1986 missile, so not likely on their F-104s. However, their F-16As could be likely

2 Likes

Ok thx for that, then I could put the thought to rest of ever having a all aspect Sidewinder carrying F-104G in WT at any point 😅

F-16A block 1 with 4x AIM-9P-4 as a premium, would underperform to the F-20, is a possibility though.

For France of course, to piss people off. No jk

1 Like

Id say a Taiwanese modified F-5E have a small chance to come this update as a premium - with AIN-9P-4 and avionic updates, but a GE one. In the current meta a lot of player tends to bomb bases, and China turns out to be the nation without a premium from tier 1 to 7 that can destroy a base.

Alternatively just give A-5C and other jets(PRC) in the TT the 250-1 incendiary bombs idk.

holy **** ISR AH-60 is only 11.3 BR? it has over 16 FF missiles.

Would be interesting but I’d rather see a nerfed JH-7 getting the German Tornado treatment to fit rank 7. All though now we can just expect rank 8 premiums everywhere so a copy paste JH-7 would also be fine actually.

1 Like

Dunno, maybe they’ll still adjust it.

Taiwanese F-104’s carried them near the end of their service.

1 Like
1 Like

I am me lol