Major Update 'Alpha Strike" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

Yeah, which I why I said I’m very happy to see it.
Finally. China starts getting its IFVs.

I personally enjoy playing IFVs and light vehicles a lot more than MBTs, and one of the main reasons why I started playing China and earnestly researching their vehicles is because they are definitely the king on that front. I even made this vehicle compilation. (Which is still missing maybe ~20 vehicles).

4 Likes

Su30s are too modern for the game i think

Indeed. War Thunder with its desire to be “realistic” minor changes can affect things they wouldn’t have been done in real life if it didn’t do anything.

1 Like

I must say though, as much as the Chinese high tier has incredible potential I would also like to see quite a bit more in the low and mid tiers.
Things such as 59-12 and Chi-Ha 105 would be awesome to see, or something like the Sherman 012403 and the turreted SU-76M.

1 Like

Generous statement when looking at German production hell in WW2 where every few tanks produced something meaningless would change :p

1 Like

Great Britain enjoy ifv battle.
My vishlist

Spoiler

3 Likes

I’m gonna name him

Spoiler

Lofty because why no lol

Fair. I should admit changes aren’t always positive.

1 Like

Once again - this is maybe ~7 vehicles with different turrets at best. Some not even equipped with anything new other than very minor changes. Some not even IFVs. Some not even British.

My list is closer to 20 actually new vehicles on different platforms. Of which all are IFVs. And all of them are Chinese. And my main gripe was that NONE of my IFVs are in the game. With the ZBD04A being the first Chinese tech tree IFV. The Stormer and Warrior are in the game.

1 Like

And since when a hull with different turrets is a problem?

It’s only a problem for you because it enter you agenda.

Same hull but different turret can bring totally different gameplay and capabilities.

And IRL those are just different doctrine.

5 Likes

No-one sees any problem here other than the fact that you were ignoring all he said in favor of shilling for France

5 Likes

The Z-9W and Z-9WA are helicopters rebuilt by the Chinese, using Chinese hardware.
The French tree certainly can get the Eurocopter Dauphine they made - but it’ll be far inferior to the Z-9W and Z-9WA. Because China actually made and improved upon them.

It’s not. But I was only listing UNIQUE, NEW vehicles and platforms. Specifically Chinese IFVs that AREN’T in the game. Because China doesn’t have a SINGLE IFV of their own in its tech tree right now.

And you responded with… variants of the AMX-10P, AMX-10 and VBCI. I’d be ashamed, personally.

2 Likes

You know this argument is like claiming a Sherman Firefly and a Sherman Jumbo are the same vehicle.

Just because they use the same hull doesn’t mean they are the same vehicle.

5 Likes

What do mean not British

Examples would be the Patria AMV CT40 and the Boxer CT40. Those are Finnish and German designs.

@Hyrikul @SneedSellsFeed Hey you guys, please calm dowm, and stop these endless argue before involving more TT or something else.
With this time, you can edit some suggestions, transport some old suggestion from the ole forum , or do something more meaningful.

6 Likes

So can we call the P-51 a British aircraft instead of a American.

As we used it first

1 Like

The turret are british turrets.

3 Likes

8 Likes

True, that is nice, though I am withholding commentary on that until the changes are live