Major Update “Air Superiority” - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 3)

I’m not really against raising 2S38 to 10.3, simply that as a glass cannon and a vehicle which can snipe weakspots or pick apart side armour, it’s just an odd vehicle to balance properly. Upping it in BR just reduces its already not too effective relative mobility, whilst changing the proportion of targets it can frontally destroy, but its actual killing power doesn’t particularly diminish. I can’t say there’s a clear BR for it to sit, but I don’t mind nerfing it in BR.

The 10.0/10.3 lineups seem a very precarious combination for many nations, being a nexus for a wide variety of premiums or vehicles to support lineups, cas planes, helicopters and AA pieces.

I wouldn’t mind seeing different production batches of tanks as being seperate vehicles, since it just makes lineups thicker/deeper which is rarely a bad thing. Putting those differences as modifications just penalises the grind before those modifications with the BR for an aced vehicle, stock grinds are already harsh enough.

gotta wait for when it arrives in dev server, most likely around the same

the only info on it is HMD

They said they will be very simmilar, only the UK will get HMD, so 9M and maybe skyflashes, but i doubt it. So 9M

For me its real disappointment. I am grindin like 5 or 6 other air tree and really wanted to just get premium CAS in germany tree with guided bombs. When I saw Tornado IDS premium in leaks I was content that maybe I will get what I want…and then devblog happened :( So I cant forgot for premium CAS for germany top tier for several months/years.
It would not strike me so much if not that USSR have SU-39 which is exactly or even better SU-25T.

One question, does the Leopard 2 A7 have DM53 as the best ammunition?

Yes

Indeed. You’d think the Courbet would be here to fasten the research for a new top tier toy, but apparently not.

What I can see however, is that The French navy, which is still completely barebone, which has barely been fleshed out since its introduction 6 months ago except for a couple already existing ship variants, is getting yet another premium.

1 Like

in dev game right now yes

But Italy only today has:
Almost the worst 11.7 MBT – ariete amv pt1
Pretty much the worst 11.3 spaa —— otomatic
Not so bad 11.3 wheeled tank —— Centauro 120
Very bad 10.7 IFV —— kf41, It’s even worse than Freccia
The worst helicopter with F&F missiles —— ah-129D
Not bad, but slow subsonic attack aircraft —— AV8B+

That’s what Italy has worked so hard to get? It sounds just a little better than Israel. Italy is already too far behind other countries

7 Likes

if the flight performance doesn’t change much we are gonna get some that just as good as the F16C

yes all of which are either sub top tier and missing missiles (Harrier), a joke (Tornados) or already outdated with missiles that are pointless to carry (F-16 ADF with 9Ls), also I would like to note that Italy for multiple years has been one of the last nations to get competitive vehicles for top tier, and when they do come they are sometimes missing the entire point of an upgrade (AMV missing all addon armour because the suggestion was passed to devs before images of the same hull with ERA was publicly released)

1 Like

If anything, they will receive python 3s, which will be less preferrable to the AIM-9M. There is also the V3E A-darter, a domestic AAM, but I do not have much information without researches.
They do have access to griffin guided bombs however, which is also much similar to the paveways.

Do we have any idea of anything for Italy? Nothing was shown in the Dev stream.

still waiting SAAF JAS39C add in dev server

@Smin1080p sorry for the ping again but I don’t find your post regarding Italy anymore.

Anyway, sure, I guess Italy got a few top tier aircrafts, but most were just a reskin work, because the Tornados and the F-16 were already coming for other nations and this is just a reskin work that isn’t massively complicated, we still appreciate it, but it isn’t as labor intensive as a whole new aircraft model.

But also, Italy is mainly lacking in the ground department, so, I might understand that a Centauro 2 is too much to ask seeing that it would need a completely new model, but a new Ariete AMV prototype would require very very very few modifications to the model of the Ariete AMV PT1 already in game, but also a top tier Hungarian Leopard 2A7 would really help with the popularity of the tech tree and that would really require besically just a reskin.

On top of that, Italy, skipping again one of the biggest upgrade (ground tier 8) won’t really help with the popularity of the tech tree, when it will come out that is still the least popular tech tree, we can’t “pikachu face” can we?

3 Likes

Seriously, how is it possible that they put relatively modern tanks but don’t give them the ammunition they should carry for their era, what are the developers thinking? Do they not know how to do anything well?

A-Darter would be far too strong for War Thunder

The V3E (A-darter) is a 60 Degree missile, with IRCCM

I dont think I will ever see a day where warthunder players will be happy with an update

1 Like