M60 low -peed turn has problem?

Have there been any players who have noticed the turning problem of the M60? The M60 can still turn around in place, but it is very difficult to turn when moving at low speed. I specifically went to drive the Soviet T-55 tank (because I usually play with my good brother who plays the Soviet T-55) and I was amazed by the turning ability of the T-55. Although the T55 does not have a dual-track drive and does not support turning in place, its turning ability when not moving forward (only pressing A or D) is not worse than the M60’s turning ability in place, and its low-speed turning ability is much better than the M60’s. Is there a big boss who can explain whether the turning problem of the M60 is a bug or whether it has always been very poor historically?

The M60 just turns sluggishly when moving at a slow speed. It is the same thing with the M3 Bradly when moving at combat speed (but the Bradly flat-out just can’t turn at combat speed).
I’ve found that moving forward a bit and then turning works a lot better with the m60

They turn slow, because both tracks are turning. On soviet tanks from T-54 only 1 track is turning, the other remains stationary. Try to not hold ‘W’ when you are turning, this can help a bit

yes,I have noticed that ,but is that a bug or it is same in reality?

I guess it’s not a bug. Just found out that Type 74 track stops moving when turning, and it turns faster too.

People seems to already answered. Additionally I could suggest to bind a button for “Driver mode”. While you hold it tank will turn in direction which being pointed by your cursor (somewhat similar to mouse flight control on planes). Kinda neat of you want to main high-ish speed and with just slight turns/course correction

Gaijin’s modelling of “neutral steer” has always been bad/nonexistant.
This is what its supposed to look like:

One track goes forward and one goes backward.
“Game balance” or jealousy? You decide.

Just went and played with controls too see if “driver assist” did anything helpful for pivot steer (nope) and found that brakes are jacked up now. Left/Right brake don’t help with turning anymore like they used to. In fact they seem to slow turning and they block neutral steer…

Probably just more weird implementations, a random crusty T-80 is faster to turn around than a modern Type 10 with neutral steering, just Warthunder things, where neutral steering is a downgrade.

1 Like