M26 SHOULD return to 6.3

Its prepping you for fighting any SPAA and the 2S38 in the abrams later on 👍

I already bought xm-1 and was killed by 2s38 many times.

1 Like

Only the VK does. The D is ok. The others are slower than most mediums they meet, and lack all other mobility aspects that make a tank good in close quarters (i.e. 90% of the maps we play in this game). Panthers have good mobility by tank destroyer standards, which is what they are. They allow you to get early to a good position (for example the hill on Hurtgen) and maximise your advantages of frontal armour and good ballistics.

At close range, the extra pen very rarely makes an impact. Turret armour, which is always more important than hull armour for obvious reasons, will be much easier to pixel-hunt. You can’t angle beyond 5° or you die, get barreled you die, can’t shoot and scoot well because of the bad reverse, have a harder time avoiding CAS. Tigers are much better - especially the E at 6.0 - at every situation that would require you to actually contest a cap.

The F has bad turret traverse, further emphasising its sniper-oriented niche.

WT gunnery is much more arcadey and precise, meaning that IRL considerations like these are not really relevant for either side.

Not at all. Panthers are good, they’re just not as versatile as other mediums: they do some things much better and other things much worse. Sometimes this can be a problem if you feel that you’re lacking a “jack of all trades” option, which is definitely not the Panthers’ niche. I started using Tigers like that and am quite satisfied with the result.

I use Panthers where a regular tank destroyer might be too slow or too unarmoured for the purpose, effectively giving up some firepower in exchange for a wider range of uses.

The point is that to me they are not at all as god tier as people often claim them to be. If I had to name the true gems of the German tech tree in the WW2 BRs, Panthers wouldn’t make my top ten.

Everything about the vehicle is a regular Tiger II, with the Sla engine which did exist, was built and tested, but never mounted.

It’s virtually identical to the Yak 141 in that respect: lacking the final assembly due to political collapse, but all parts extant.

True. They usually “make up” for this by having drawbacks in other areas, however.

Agreed on the 120 but I’m not sure I agree on the 105.

Still, the long 88 is an incredibly good gun.

This, I disagree with. The small calibre of the 75mm means postpen is worse, in exchange for a small flat pen advantage that will rarely come into use, and actually drops off over distance, as FlipAllTheTables said.

I mean, if you go up to a T29 in a Panther, I suppose you could sing him a song. :D

Or, in other words…

This.

Like I always say, the kill shot is just the culmination of countless micro decisions made by multiple players over a span of minutes leading up to the encounter. These 1v1 wrestling scenarios are always very limited for that exact reason.

And this is exactly what I mean when I say that Panthers work in a narrower “bandwidth” of situations compared to other mediums, or even compared to Tigers.

We like the game. We’re here to discuss the game. If we weren’t interested, the thread wouldn’t even exist…

I’m not even against the M26 being 6.3 again, just like I’m in favour of lowering the Jumbo again (or alternatively, keep them where they are now, but keep decompressing the other BRs, from 6.7 heavies onward).

I’m just baffled at the attitude non-German players have towards Panthers and those who play them.

4 Likes

Sla 16 was placed on Jagtiger, and because of another cooling system construction it can’t be placed with standart engine compartment cover, but ingame tiger 2 sla16 have standart cover. Read soviet “Вестник танковой промышленности” for more information.

This is due to complaints about bad reverse and bad side armor making it bad while another nations have thin sides and bad reverse too.

1 Like

That doesn’t make the vehicle fake, it simply makes Gaijin’s modelling inaccurate. Like that’s a surprise. Look at how many contemporary vehicles are incorrectly modelled.

Per Jentz and Doyle, the cooling issue you mentioned is what they were working on as Simmering-Graz-Pauker as part of R&D for the proposed engine. This work was halted due to the obvious collapse.

It was never intended for the Jagdtiger alone, but for all heavy vehicles - one of many doomed “too little too late” attempts at standardisation.

No. It’s because Germany is everyone’s punching bag in this community. There is a very consistent pattern of rationalisation when it comes to German players, if they lose it’s because the players suck, if they win it’s because all the vehicles are OP and should all universally go +1 up in BR. Every single discussion we have about these vehicles oozes with this attitude and colours everyone’s perspective of things.

I’m not a Wehraboo, I’m not a History Channel spectator who came to the game under false pretenses, you tell me that the Pz IVs are undertiered, I will agree with you and put my signature under the statement too. You tell me Panthers are unstoppable heavy-medium hybrids and I’ll flat out disagree with you, and I’ve explained why. I’m perfectly aware that I’m not the best player around, but I have something in the region of 700 battles combined with all Panther variants to motivate my opinion of them - good, but situational and overrated.

Yes, I understand dealing with some toxic German mains can be a pain in the ass, but in turn, the condescension Germany gets all the time gets so grating after a while, especially when people try to pass it off as objectivity.

4 Likes

The longer I get involved in the community, The more I have to agree with people who think that USA gets shafted, I suck at playing Germany unless it’s a Pz IV, I do not care for playing Panthers or Tigers because I’m always up against people who know how to deal with them and over time I’ve watched how I die so I can deal with them all the same.
Though it does feel like the PzGr 39 does ignore the volumetric armor system which is fairly annoying.
I have a Wehraboo friend who constantly thinks that Germany is the one that gets shafted and he may be right to an extent but I would only argue that the round is Germany’s biggest issue.

1 Like

My old account was full germany, don’t say me about that wherhaboo and history channel stuff.

US gets shafted because 95% of the players facecheck an endless sea of Tigers/Panthers and lose the trades and snipe battles, but there’s that 5% that flanks, gets like 10 kills because German tanks/players don’t believe in protecting their sides, and then the match comes down to JU88’s suicide bombing the remaining US players every time they try to touch a cap point and bring the game back. German main memes are true, but US players make my soul writhe inside its mortal coil.

1 Like

That is how most of the discussion I have with people eventually degenerates when talking about German tanks. I have no problem accepting I could be right or wrong, but what I take issue with is the use of the “German main” label to mindlessly dismiss and delegitimise every statement that does not conform to the memes.

New cover was made and installed on Jagtiger, its blueprints also was drawn in "Вестник танковой промышленности ".

1 Like

I agree with the Jagdtiger a lot - I hate that thing. I’m not sure about the T34 though. It has a good gun, but the armor is easily penned by lots of guns at it BR and the reload is long. I partially agree about the Tiger IIs but otherwise I can’t really be talking (I haven’t unlocked those vehicles).