M1A2SEPv2 doesnt have better LFP armour

Zaloga book = soviet estimates for M1 and M1A1
Tankcraft = AFAIK no estimates

obraz_2023-12-11_201312983

2 Likes

So if they don’t like Russian sources, does this knock down the stupid conspiracy theory of Russian bias?

Military manuals? US Army FMs or anything like that possibly count for estimates?

Possibly, but I don’t know if there are any other estimates for the M1A2SEP.

I see two possibilities:
-use Paul Lakowski’s estimates

• upgrade the current hull to the level of the new BRL hull for the block II program (35 percent better KE and 25 percent HEAT protection)
    and we have peace until SEPv3 is added
4 Likes

Bruh we’re never gonna have fixed armor on the Abrams, Leclerc, Ariete, etc. Doubt we’ll ever have liners at this rate either. Those vehicles will continue to get gimped

2 Likes

Last I heard they are still fighting for liners on the M1. Are they gonna make it?

1 Like

At least we can annoy the h-ll out of their little bug team tho lol

2 Likes

I mean honestly if they don’t fix western tanks after this one I am just gonna stop playing this game. I am not gonna be putting more of my money on a game that purposefully dunks on the vehicles of other nations to fulfill the patriotic quotas of certain staff members.

16 Likes

For pre-1996 abrams: apps.dtic.mil/sti/tr/pdf/ADA360935.pdf

Spoiler

I would suggest you guys to find informantions about spall liners for later abrams first, then go back for pre-1996 ones.

4 Likes

Man I hope so. Liners have been in use since what, the M60? The M1128, the Bradley, (speaking just for US rn) most of them do have the Liners.

emmmmmmmmmm

See, this is part of the problem with them refusing DU. DU was put in the armor package to catch the fragmentations the ceramic create.

Maybe we should all go and scream for M829A3. At least we don’t need to find sources to prove that exist.

4 Likes

Absolutely

8 Likes

yeah. I said the same thing a few days ago. Currently every NATO tank has their composite F____d

3 Likes

Like, you want Russian vehicles to be strong? Fine, but atleast make it a fair game, either give vehicles equivalent firepower or equivalent protection, but so far, atleast in ground RB, the game has been extremely one sided since the addition of the BVM, it has not changed, and as an active RU ground player I am witness of that.

13 Likes

You know, I just realized. LFP isn’t where this ends. You fix the lower front plate, then you still have the huge turret neck. And you fix the turret neck( I heard somewhere it is variable thickness) then you still have the missing M829A3…where does this even end.

3 Likes

I think I have a decent balance of all nations to say this and I’m really not trying to be bias but its clear RU vehicles have quite a difference in armor dynamics and values than whats given to non-RU vehicles. The only tanks (in their current form) I think are decently good at countering them are the Strv. 122A/B but that’s about it.

Screenshot 2023-12-11 120223

5 Likes