M1a2's weak armor

Which M1A2 turret armor is accurate?

Both.
M1A2 SEP only upgraded some hulls armor according to the data we’ve seen so far.
SEP V2 upgraded turret armor.

bro, we’ve already proven the m1a2 has depleted uranium in its hull. this was talked about to death on reddit and people even made bug reports from U.S Government sources proving this., You need to get up to speed

2 Likes

Everything you said in this post does not disprove anything I said.

anybody who says the M1 series has a UFP that can withstand anything are coping. It hasn’t ricocheted rounds in a long time.

5 Likes

Still Abrams in this game are kind weak LFP should be around 500-550mm in the game (maybe more maybe less since I don’t know how this game make the armor)

Oh trust me i have sources saying DM53, DM 63, M829A2 could all penetrate KONTACT 5 and a French rounds from 2003 could fully penetrate Kontact 5, i’ve had enough of these Fairy tale russian tanks with K5 being invulnerable to rounds they shouldnt be.

Tandem dynamic protection “Doublet” (btvt.info)

Analysis of the design of BPS countries NATO confirms the implementation of measures to overcome remote sensing without initiating explosives. The outdated DZ “Contact-5” is likely to be overcome by the BPS M829A2, OFL-F1 and DM43 without explosive initiation thanks to the pointed design of their head part without initiating the detonation of explosives in protective elements. Even in the case of initiation of explosives in elements 4S22 and 4S23 due to the segmented design of the bow core (BPS DM53, M829A3) high Armor penetration ability will be maintained.

BPS of the latest generation DM53, DM63, M829A3 along with the design The head part (optimized to overcome the remote sensing) has a special segmented core design, little affected by DZ “Contact-5” and “Relic” [2, 3]. The Research Institute of Steel was testing the built-in DZ “Contact-5” in mainly with the help of the BPS 3BM22, which by design has little in common with the BPS foreign countries.

Developers of foreign BPS DZ “Kontakt-5” is widely used when testing solutions for overcoming DZ. At tests of the DM53 BPS used mock-ups of protection units similar to those used in designs of T-90S and T-80U tanks, including DZ “Contact-5”, “Relic” and a promising multilayer DZ. Due to the shortcomings of the devices DZ, built according to the “classical” plano-directional scheme, foreign The developers of anti-tank weapons managed to overcome the armor Russian-made BPS tanks of 120 mm caliber from distances over 3 km.

c9336047d307.thumb.jpg.94a90903658f174bcc900724f421371c.jpg (1000×626) (gaijin.net)

4 Likes

That’s why in WT, DM53 & M829A2 do indeed penetrate tanks fitted with Kontakt 5.

2 Likes

They’re not lol pen K-5 in the game and not work as it supposed to at this point, I think you don’t understand how Anti Era ability even work it not just high enough pen it more than that.
even Relic can be pen at close range by DM53 but in the game, it works it all range which is many reports and source that they’re overperforming (in many bugs report you can go find it)
but well, the source is enough go read it. because I’m tired of your unproved fact that I don’t know where you pull those from

From the game itself.
you can go onto T–90A, T-72B3, and T-80U & see for yourself with protection analysis.

Official documentation over rules a random website.

1 Like

DM73 hasnt left testing, yet M829A3 is almost 20yrs old.

The M1A2 SEP and AIM should both have improved hull armor, Gaijins lack of interest in modeling vehicles correctly is exhausting.

4 Likes

No there’s no data to model with.

No such thing as DM83, DM73 has yet to be fielded. This is relevant as you cannot have rounds in game that have yet to exist.

M829A4 is already in production.

4 Likes

i sent them all the documentaion on it on their reporting website, hell there variants of the Abrams i found that i didn’t even know existed, a Standard M1 Abrams with D.U with the 105MM Turret, and i was amazed when i found out they even gave the Australians D.U protected Abrams, you know what gaijin did? Said nothing i posted was credible , i gave them actual government websites from both the U.S TracDOC website, brochure from General dynamics, Qoutes from Generals saying the M1 Abrams armor was ugpraded, but it seems only the russian tech tree can get armor upgrades for new variants of T80s and BMPs.

9 Likes

Gaijin doesn’t accept information from government websites or brochures.

and the 2006 report you have was a RENEWAL for the D.U License, want to know why it was a Renewal? BECAUSE THERE WAS D.U ALREADY IN THE TANK

3 Likes

Do you know who General Dynamics is?

1 Like

M1A1 SA Situational Awareness main battle tank data pictures video | United States US army list modern MBTs main battle tanks | United States US Army Military equipment UK (armyrecognition.com) There is even an upgrade for the M1A2 AIM variant, the M1A2 S.A