M1A2 SEPv2's TUSK 2 kit should be an optional modification. Do you agree? [POLL]

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry

1 Like

Can I ask why Gaijin is so inconsistent with these add-on implementations?

• T-72B3 has a seperate ‘‘UBH’’ add-on kit.
  • M1128 initially did not have a seperate modification.
  • XM8 has a seperate ‘‘Level 3’’ protection kit.
  • M1A2 SEP v2 does not.
  • Ariete has a seperate ‘‘WAR kit’’.

I mean, the Leopard 2A4M has THREE seperate modifications.

Why are some vehicles developed with, and some without this feature, especially when the M1A2 SEP v2 was already a sidegrade/downgrade to the existing M1A2 SEP?

7 Likes

Will you post an update when the devs make this decision?

Side skirt ERA is optional for all Russian tanks that can get it, I dont see why this should be different, especially given its very limited use in game.

3 Likes

What upgrade that SEP v2 get that SEP doesnt have? to my understanding its literally the same tank aside from the removable TUSK armor package in the game.

Indeed.

Russian ERA at least is outstanding gameplay wise, since it provides significant levels of protection against KE.

By comparison, TUSK II provides just about the same protection as the composite skirts the Abrams has when it has no TUSK installed.

1 Like

The SEPv2 in game is pretty much a SEPv1 that is far less mobile because it has the era package that doesn’t offer any real purpose in game.

In real life, SEPv2, put in service in 2008 and workhorse of the United States even in 2024 (units are being updated to the new SEPv3 standard, but it’s a gradual process) sports improved composite armor on the hull, along with many improvements that have no effect on gameplay in War Thunder.

However, because no source specifically states a KE value given the classified nature of the tank, the developers refuse to model it; so, gameplay wise, SEPv2 is just slower SEP because of the non-removable ERA package.

The sad thing is- even many players and community members joined the belief that SEPv2 has no upgraded hull armor indeed, just because we don’t have an absolute core primary sourced signed by the Founding Fathers themselves specifically stating how it was improved and/or by how much.

Because well-educated guesstimations based on little available information when such values are not available from primary sources is good for everyone… except for the U.S xD.

3 Likes

It’s weird because even sepv1 has the option to take off TUSK maybe it’s a spaghetti code thing.

Sadly no. It came this way from the start. They modeled on the extra ARAT2 and left it as is.

To be honest, instead of adding another set of useless ERA to SEPV2, why not give it APS? It is not without and better to distinguish it from SEP, rather than another “slow” and useless M1.
IMG_7573

IMG_7575
IMG_7576

6 Likes

Was about to add pictures, hahah.

Indeed; M1A2 SEPv2 should have come with Trophy. It would have been the FIRST and only upgrade on an Abrams since 2019. Ever since 2019, all we’ve got is sidegrades to M1A2. Only improvement; 1st gen thermals to 2nd gen. Otherwise, the same, except just heavier.

At least Trophy would protect it from h*licopters, Khrizantemas and BMP-2Ms… unlike TUSK II, which doesn’t help all that much ingame since it was made to counter portable grenade launchers and basic ATGMs, not advanced Tandem ATGMs.

4 Likes

I’d like to see Trophy implemented, but certainly as a modification and not something that’s default and cannot be removed.

Trophy apparently weighs 2267 kilos. A standard combat loaded M1A2 SEP v3 weighs 66.7 metric tons, with APS it’d become 69 tons (nice).

And just because I can, let’s see how heavy we can make an M1A2 SEP v3 if we also added:

• ARAT II: 1.63 tons
  • Under belly armor: 1.66 tons
  • Mine roller: 9.811 tons
  • Trophy APS: 2.267 tons

I’d both laugh my a** off as well as suffer from instantaneous depression if Gaijin implemented the M1A2 SEP v3 with those as standard, making it 82 metric tons.

Yeah lmao

When it comes to SEPv3, I think it would be best to implement two; with, and without Trophy. That way, at least we would have 2 tanks with decent hull armor, hahah.

I doubt they would do it optional; so far, every vehicle with APS has it by default. It would be cool if they added it for the current SEPv2, though! It would be a way to make the tank a little more relevant until the SEPv3s come.

I pray every day for the snail to finally implement this change.