M1A2 SEPv2 Missing M829A3

TF u mean 2020+ tanks
2A7- 2014
T-90M- 2017
VT-4- 2015
122B± 2010
Only Britain is getting tanks from after 2020.

well does it really matter when you’re reminded of the fact:
A2SEPV2-2008?

1 Like

If the Germans, with more experience on the development of APFSDS than any other NATO country, admitted than DM63 penetrators weren’t enough; I doubt America came with a magical solution to the problem…

And using 2014 for Leo2A7 would be like using 2005 for SEPv2… very earliest acquisition.

1 Like

uhh

wut? What an asinine statement and resulting assumption.

3 Likes

Say that to the T90M

In what way does Germany make the best APFSDS rounds in the world, when 120 mm M256’s APFSDS already reaches or exceeds the performance of the L/55’s APFSDS?

Go online and look at a picture of a cut DM73 verses a cut M829A4. You will realize the penetrator for the M829A4 extend lower into the casing. Why is this? Well, the primer for M829A4 is much shorter than DM73. Well why is that you ask? Because US had a better primer that ensured the propellent burns fully, giving the M829A4 physically longer penetrators and higher pen.

All that is just to say. NO, Germans do not have a better round, and they are not more experienced with APFSDS.

2 Likes

No, hes saying the M1A1/A2s armor has absolutely zero difference regardless of the model starting from the first upgrade of the M1 to M1A1. Yes, the SEPV2 is literally modeled like the 80s M1A1

1 Like

that too.

my-source-is-that-i-made-it-the-fuck-up

Best gif on the internet btw

7 Likes

截屏2023-12-08 03.10.18
here’s a picture just in case you think I was lying.

1 Like

Thank you.

He doesn’t actually think overly highly of the Germans’ expertise in APFSDS… I think he just thought we did and was trying to use that to say that RMoD armor is best armor because the Germans thought so.

(Pretty much a pile of not even dubious, just baseless claims.)

Well. Regardless of performance the SEPV2 used the A3 so it should get it. I mean now it is literally a worse SEP because you can’t take the TUSK2 off

3 Likes

Exactly

The main reason of this post is that the M1A2 SEPv2 is missing M829A3, which is historically inaccurate since this round started and going into full production in 2003 and replaced M829A2 with the SEPv2 introduced in 2006-2007. Gaijin is just too scare to add any sort of modern NATO round that isn’t from the Cold War.

6 Likes

I could take it if it was just not having the correct ammo or not having DU armor plates. One or the other.

But both at the same time? And its russian opposite number gets an invincible spall liner, while nato tanks dont get one at all? Wtf

Might as well give the T90 a jetpack while we’re at it.

2 Likes

Lmao, in what world a gun with a lower maximun pressure overperforms one with a higher one? From a physic point of view that’s impossible. However, it could be argued that DU penetrators offers advantages versus certain types of composites, but that’s another story.

see I really think we should get back on track here. Regardless of “whose gun good” SEPv2 should get the M829A3. I would recommend DM63 for Germany as well, but sadly 1 it has little improvement compared to DM53 penetration wise. 2 the OP is about M829A3