M1A2 SEP V2 doesnt have better LFP armour

Hence why “depending on what you consider an error”…

1 Like

Also as a last thing, as of right now the 122 is way more powerful than the 2A7V, which is a bit funny considering its 20 years older.

2 Likes

Yeah the swedish lineup is absolutely bonkers. It’s beyond insane.

I gave the 2A7V most of the attention, but don’t worry Sweden is very much worse. I have seen entire teams of “worse” tank nations like Japan, Italy, UK, Israel, France, US (due to player skill for a large part as well) etc. against Germany and Russia being absolutely hard carried by a few Swedish players.

EDIT: Having Germany and Sweden on 1 team is almost an automatic win at the moment. Said team has to actively throw really hard to lose with such a matchup.

I understand but the problem not come from Leopard 2 and Strv 122 entirely it was Gaijin that being rush patch out before giving buff to other tanks equally threatment if something i can say strv 122 are the very best example how hull armor should work, and this should apply for other tanks too.
giving them time Abrams might get hull buff too (when i say might i really don’t know but Abrams in dire need of hull buff and spall liner)

1 Like

Oh yeah I agree. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want the 122s or 2A7Vs nerfed (although something might need to be done to Sweden, because they are ridiculous even compared to Germany, the second most dominant nation at the moment).

I just want every other nation up to a similar level.

2 Likes

After looking at tons of photos and documents, I’m not sure if the Abrams has a spall liner on the hull, however on the turret I’m almost 100% certain it does have.

1 Like

Do you guys think that theyll do that dev blog before christmas?

1 Like

They modeled the hull at 1500mm, no?

[X]

Itll be about how theyre still evaluating the info, then theyll wait hoping thingsll keep cooling off, and then theyll anounce it afterwards hoping everyone forgot from the holidays

Could you expand on this? As it stands the ufp is 81° or 83° LOS, which is the dart shatter zone. The max angle of APFSDS for russia is 78-81, and at this angle it should be 0% chance of pen/a chance of shatter, slightly less than this is still only a 30% chance of non-shatter. This only increases in a hull defalade too

I hope they release it before christmas, but I have a feeling they aren’t going to make that.

Current Abrams SEPs in game don’t have “weakpoints” they have “strong points.”

Don’t shoot the turret cheeks and you’re golden.

3 Likes

The Component Advanced Technologies Test Bed (CATTB) also uses a spall liner over the crew area only in the turret with the following parameters:

• 1,250lbs total weight.

• 25,4mm (1 in.) thick.

• Density of 0.04 lb/in3.

I assume every single Abrams uses a spall liner on the turret with the same thickness and density.

2 Likes

No… It’s literally just a T-72B hull with Kontakt 1 replaced with Relikt.

1 Like

After the argument earlier I wanted to try that “survivable” abrams people were talking about, seeing if maybe I was wrong. Maybe it was changed with the fragmentation update as well, but I was lucky to not get one shot by the first penetrating hit.

In the ~10 times I spawned in an Abrams I think I was one shot around 7-8 times.

First round to turret ring disables turret ring,breach and kills 2 crew member at least, if you are lucky of course.

Usually you also loose your engine which cause instant death in that case.

4 Likes

I feel like no talks about this. Why is heat munition unaffected by angles. Russian HE should fuse on ufp. Heatfs shouldnt be able to go through 86° angle. Heat should get worse angle performance on ufp than apfds not better. Its ridiculous

*Shouldnt

True.

And if you are hull down, frontal ammo rack detonation by someone shooting the bottom of the turret cheek is also a classic one.

2 Likes

Yes your right. This also proves that lfp buff would still make abrams killable. It wont break the game.

2 Likes