M1A2 SEP V2 doesnt have better LFP armour

Swedish sources have values of export armor and gajin knows about it

They accepted Russian news to nerf the shit outta the M41’s turret traverse.

2 Likes

So they nerfed the M1IP/M1A1? When the hell did that happen???

With how they are selectively applying their logic and finding reasons to dismiss reports they don’t like, I doubt it.

1 Like

And m735

I also wanna bring up how the Snail uses an export M1A2 that predates all SEP Abrams as an excuse to say the SEP didn’t improve armor.

2 Likes

All M1 have the same hull

No they didn’t. M41 turret traverse “nerf” was from the M41’s manual, which is American.

@KDA_Evelynn I haven’t seen evidence M735’s angled pen was nerfed yet, partially cause the 2km pen was increased.

@Count_Trackula
They’re not selective, there’s consistent denials.

That chart was made by Gaijin so it is accurate, I was just clarifying that the side armor composition difference is meaningless because Gaijin doesn’t model NERA in layers but as a monoblock that has a quality modifier.

Not necessarily, the reason why that estimate was rejected it for the Leclerc is because they deem the Swedish trial as a more trustworthy source, but the same cannot be said about the M1A2 because for one it’s not an SEP and second it’s not the same armor.

2 Likes

The dev’s live in constant denial of reality.

2 Likes

They changed values from xm735e2(m735) to xm735

The Swedish values weren’t even an actual armour package, from what I can find it was a rushed product made for those trials, as the US refused to give them DU (which unlike what people will tell you the Swedes wanted the DU armour) and they apparently didn’t like the FMS armour package that Kuwait and Saudi Arabia received which was the original FMS armour i.e. BRL-2 like.

I haven’t seen evidence M735’s angled pen was nerfed yet, partially cause the 2km pen was increased.

Conraire’s statement:

“The change was due to a bug report on the CBR. Unfortunately the person who made the report misinterpreted a fair amount of information from the sources used, and I wasn’t around my computer at the time it was forwarded to catch it and help the reporter make corrections. I’ve forwarded some new and corrected information regarding this issue. No promises on whether it’ll get fixed though.”

So it was nerfed significantly, Conraire already came out with what the values should have been (the post that he talked about this in was removed as it was a devblog post) but here are his 0 degree and 60 degree figures for what M735 should be based on the reported documents:

Vertical

10m = 333mm

100m = 331mm

500m = 323mm

1000m = 313mm

1500m = 302mm

2000m = 292mm

3400m = 260mm

60deg

10m = 194mm

100m = 193mm

500m = 189mm

1000m = 183mm

1500m = 177mm

2000m = 170mm

Edit: Found exactly what conraire has posted before the post was removed.

1 Like

But the problem is, is that the accepted bug report uses the same Russian source for said improved values.

I.e. - We also do not accept Russian-language sources on Western technology.

Well it turns out the armor package we gave Sweden did perform worse than the DU armor package. This was only fixed on a new export package that was provided to Greece and turkey later on.

5 Likes

The Russian source wasn’t the only source given to them.

6 Likes

From what I can gather the improved FMS armour should have been comparable to the actual M1A2s armour, so yea meaning the improvised armour that was given to Sweden is not correct for any in game Abrams past 1988.

2 Likes

Can we buff other m1 or there are no sources with values?

That source more then likely also falls under the categories given by Smin:

We also do not accept the opinions of military experts from articles on the internet without reliable evidence

As that source comes from this website.

Well, I think those values actually come from the declassified CIA document if I’m correct. We probably should have used that CIA document as the source instead.
5aa0612b892fb_M1Armour2.jpg.d4c329dee388f695ae4aecca19332379 (1)

6 Likes