M1A2 SEP V2 doesnt have better LFP armour

For the same reason they added drop tanks, 3D tracks, etc.
Things were ready.

Ah yes, drop tanks and 3D tracks are comparable to spall liners.

Very intelligent comparison.

Yeah, I think it would’ve been better if they held back on spall liners altogether, until they finished modeling it for all that should have them.

The gradual way they’re doing it right now is obviously unfair, and I don’t think that needs any explaining.

1 Like

This user is making excuses for a deliberate choice the developers made. Take it up with them.

Fixed that for you

2 Likes

Fixed that for you x2

5 Likes

Except it has the M1IP hull not the M1 Hull. (about 30-50mm KE difference)
Even More so in CE I think

2 Likes

All the hulls are the same, only the turret armor has changed.

1 Like

proof?

I literally just attached not just ingame screenshots, but also Gaijin’s official armor values spreadsheet, proving not only that it IS the same ingame, but also, that it is entirely intentional by Gaijin.

1 Like

Which is surprising, because SEP V2 side turret armor is worse than SEP V1 side turret armor

4 Likes

Seems like a visual bug actually, on protection analysis they offer the same amount of protection. The composition stats are meaningless, what matters in the code in terms of armor is the quality coefficient.

Are you sure he means in game?

But is that chart that Spanish Avenger just shared accurate? If so, it seems like Gaijin has been screwing the Abrams out of a lot of protection. Both hull and turret.

Also, looks like the Abrams bug reports will end up being dismissed as it used the same source as the following for values:

lol. So they are going to use the stats of a nerfed, non-DU Abrams variant with armor inferior to even the baseline US M1A2? Then they are gonna hit us with the clown world logic of “we can’t be sure an improved armor package is really an improvement.” Despite the money, hours, labor invested, only to make the tanks heavier for no improvement in protection. The R&D, totally worthless. “We’re not sure it’s an improvement.”

9 Likes

Gotta love the snail making up new rules on the spot with the “We don’t accept Russian lang”

2 Likes

That rule isn’t new. No Russian sources for NATO vehicles is a rule added before 2018.

I would assume they would take your secondary sources as proof though, do both of them state it had improved hull armour and give values?