M1A2 SEP V2 doesnt have better LFP armour

Iirc dev server didn’t have spall liner for all of the additional vehicles. And for that part it seems more like they rushed that addition in response to feedback on dev server. Even so its probably the right thing to add apall liner and adjust BR later if need be. Especially if a lot of vehicles are supposed to have them

Adding Rank VIII in the first place should have denoted a BR increase which is necessary in GRB to prevent further compression.

Gaijin has demonstrated incompetence with this update. They don’t understand their own game.

Rank really hasnt been that since forever. Its more of a arbitrary progression limiter. A fairly well implemented one in fact.

Rank and BR are for sorting vehicles. Rank VIII in its current form exists to deflect criticism for adding “top tier premiums” by being able to say “they’re not top tier they’re Rank VII”.

Rank VIII and the addition of spall liners should have seen the top BR increased to 12.3

No?

Ok, this is supplemental to the estimates in this post, which put the Abrams turret at 960mm and LFP at 650 with 3rd gen DU armor packages.:

These new photos are from “The World’s Greatest Tanks” by Michael E. Haskew. Published by Amber Books. This book just gives a flat estimate of 960mm of protection provided by 3rd gen DU inserts.

I also have Clancy’s Armored Cav, which puts the baseline M1A2 (non-SEP) at 800mm protection. Still better than the current values we get from the nerfed export non-DU Swedish trials variant that our baseline M1A2 and even our SEPs are stuck with.

Clancy also describes the armor composition, granted with guesses. Except for a description of the spall mitigation layer that is stated rather definitively. I can upload those pages if it would be of use.

@_David_Bowie @Smin1080p @Conraire

11 Likes

I find it funny that Mr. Damage is willing to cite NiiStali as “evidence” and then claim that we consider that or the UVZ propaganda book as valid sources, when even Gaijin won’t accept the Russian estimates of 750mm KE for the Abrams. XD

The 750mm estimate isn’t a good source, you said that Mr. Damage. Even the Swedish trial M1A2 export variant exceeds those numbers on the turret. That book was nothing but butthurt propaganda trying to save face as they malded and coped about their tanks being BTFO’d by the Abrams in Iraq not once, but twice.

We never said either of those sources you like are good. Gaijin straight up rejected the armor estimate from the UVZ book.

7 Likes

Does Gaijin accept the book as a source? can you show the page with info about spall liner ?

I don’t know if they will. The spall liner stuff comes from Tom Clancy, a diff book entirely. Would probably be better off in a different thread for that topic.

There are many sources that use Paul Lakowski’s estimates. If only SEP could get such a hull, it would be fine. Currently, the SEPv2 having the same hull as the M1A2 1993 is a joke.

11 Likes

Well, we have multiple unrelated sources giving those numbers, then. I wanted to make sure to provide estimates from a physical book, and not a webpage or something digital and easily edited.

They wanted estimates, they have been provided.

1 Like

There isn’t a point for rank 8, it’s just so they can sell the top tier premiums whilst pretending it’s not top tier and further compress BRs and ruin the game with rushed and badly implemented features like the spall liner.

It’s not arbitrary. It’s the last known declassification, and if the bug report is successful, the last known declassification increases to 2004ish.

@Miragen
Ranks have nothing to do with BRs.
I get that you hate NATO tanks & that they have spall liners but calm down.

Yeah that’s why the M60 has spall liners!

Wait, Gaijin arbitrarily didn’t add spall liners for vehicles known to have spall liners. Weird, seems they’ve chosen to arbitrarily not add spall liners to vehicles which are know to have had spall liners. They seem to be arbitrarily only adding it to top tier vehicles haphazardly so now half of top tier vehicles are completely outclassed arbitrarily due to Gaijin’s arbitrary decision not to model spall liners for all Rank VIII vehicles.

3 Likes

They didn’t have time to add spall liners to everything.
Humans are only capable of so much.
Go ahead, play a Counterstrike Tournament while cooking dinner… won’t work out too well.

So the Leclerc bug report with the same russian source got denied. I have a bad feeling about the SEPv2 bug report now, but maybe the larger backlash might slightly influence their decision.

As always I have no idea what you’re on about.

Calm down.
There’s far more than that source in the SEPV2 report.

True but only 2 with values iirc. One being from the russian source and one of some website (although I could be wrong).

Which were both denied sources that were denied by the devs in the french bug report.

I hope to be wrong though.

Yes, they didn’t have time to implement spall liners for all the vehicles which contain spall liners for this update. So why did they add spall liners this update?

1 Like