M1A2 SEP V2 doesnt have better LFP armour

The point I was making is that EAP is designed for export use, though HAP is still widely sold around the world due to the insignificance of EAP. EAP costs way more to overhaul and refit than to produce HAP composite sets.

Yes, and export versions are using DU pieces.

Again, not sure if you knew, but export Abrams variants use DU commonly.
The second image you gave shows little to nothing but the words “non-du”. It doesn’t clarify what FMS degree each nation holds, nor does is state variant or generation of the supposed EAP, which wasn’t applied to their exports.
Improved FMS? You know what FMS means, right? It’s a catalogue of export countries called Foreign Military Sales, and lists the degree to which all exporters have stakes in American hardware, and their trustworthiness with it.
It is not a variant, it is not an improvement.
Nevertheless, this is grossly outdated.

98-18674

Which DU armor? There were 3 different generations of it, 2 of which have differentiations in game.

1 Like

Politics, and obviously political propaganda is a banned subject.
Sir this is a video game forum.

1 Like

I’m not the one who brought up this topic. Since Max_Damage decides to use Ukr leopard and challenger losses to shitpost his stupid “western tanks bad” narrative, it’s a proper responds to show him the true reality with OSINT data. How about read his original comment before judging my response? And if you cared enough, links were provided and you can literally click on each of the tank losses, on the War spotting one most of these even included geolocations. I guess this is hurting some Russian trolls feeling here.

1 Like

What was political?

2 Likes

And continuing to discuss it can draw mods here for the wrong reason, to clean and lock this place.

They don’t like people discussing the ongoing conflict. So just flag and move on.

2 Likes

Just flag their posts and move on.
& especially don’t respond addressing their discussion.
You do not have to engage with topics that are not the topic of the thread or the topic of the forum itself.

2 Likes

They absolutely don’t… Where are you even getting this information? Even Australia, a trustworthy US ally had a heavy composite package without DU for their M1. Depleted uranium is a byproduct of the nuclear industry. In the United States, it falls under the purview of the U.S. Department of Energy and is subject to DOE regulations that bar its export.

Unless and until the rules change, any M1 has to lose its depleted uranium armor, and get another package to replace it, before the U.S. government will sell or donate the tank abroad. Sweden couldn’t get DU and Ukraine won’t get DU either. What makes you think these non-major Allies in the Middle East are getting DU armor when even Australia or Sweden don’t?

The only exception to that are DU ammos which are also strictly limited to I quote:
(1) a country that is a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization;
(2) a country that has been designated as a [major non-NATO ally]
(3) Taiwan.

4 Likes

Where do you see the propaganda
Its called statistics.

5 Likes

Again, not sure if you knew, but export Abrams variants use DU commonly.

Name me the nations that received M1s with HAP-3 (or any DU armour package), I’ll wait.

Point of fact, afaik Poland will also be the first foreign nation to even receive the DU M829 round from the US (M829A3 & M829A4) and it took until 2021 for that to happen.

It doesn’t clarify what FMS degree each nation holds

Except it specifically does:

FMS Tanks
All Non-DU Armor Packages:

FMS Non-DU armor package:
Egypt
Kuwait
Saudi Arabia

Improved FMS Non-DU armor package:
Tested by Greece and Turkey

This makes sense seeing as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Egypt all bought their tanks prior to the improved FMS armour existing i.e. all of these tanks were bought prior to 1993.

The M1s that were at the Greek and Turkish tank trials had the improved FMS armour and those trials were in 1999 - 2001, also the image I gave you above was specifically talking about the armour package that was used in those trials.

It is not a variant, it is not an improvement. Nevertheless, this is grossly outdated.

There are multiple FMS armour variants, also 1999 is not outdated, the SEP with HAP-3 came out at that time.

You know what FMS means

I do, you apparently don’t, this gives a good overview:

Foreign Military Sales (FMS) is the U.S. Government’s program for transferring defense articles, services, and training to our international partners and international organizations.

The FMS armour therefor is the M1 Abrams armour package that was specifically made for foreign nations that acquire M1s via the FMS program i.e. Foreign Military Sales Non-DU armour package (FMS armour package), this is what export armour has has been commonly referred to as by multiple different sources:

So the plan, as recently as last week, was for GDLS to build for Ukraine 31 M-1A2s with FMS armor—a process that the Pentagon expected to take as long as a year. GDLS also is building FMS M-1A2s for Poland and Australia.

By the way this isn’t new, you do know what the initial M1 armour i.e. BRL stands for right? The “EAP” is indeed commonly referred to as FMS armour.

98-18674

I have already read 98-18674, it has nothing to do with what you are talking about and never once talks about exporting DU. 98-18674 is talking about the environmental impact of DU, that’s it.

5 Likes

I have this feeling the patch is gonna come out tomorrow

2 Likes

And they haven’t even showed anything for Italy yet XD

(to be fair they’ve had a good year, but still there must be something)

1 Like

While I can’t say that I haven’t had the same thought/feeling come up, I surely hope they would release it with a fixed 2A7V and improved hull protection for the SEPv2.

Italy got the AMX

1 Like

Oh, yeah that’s true.

2 Likes

I think we will get a second dev server tomorrow, and patch next week!

Hopefully we will be seeing Western/NATO MBT fixes. The whole playerbase is beginning to be way too fed up about these artificial nerfs and bugs…

5 Likes

If another tank is better in certain environment it is not a factor to call it superior overall. I don’t know a background of this but I am pretty sure it’s easier for them to just maintain T-90 with parts, fuel, 125mm rounds pretty scattered around than maintain Abrams. Also they had pretty inexperienced crews to just lose that many abramses to Corners, TOWS etc

5 Likes

The dude seems like a russian main just here to troll and derail the thread. Don’t mind what he says too much.

Maybe you are right. The Americans recently said that Abrams needs a ton of maintenance especially when it comes to engine air filters. If you screw it up which you will you get ac1 mln dolla repair bill of the engine.
Rather impractical tank. 1/3 its fleet always in repairs and maintenance

It was an excuse as to why Abrams shouldn’t be given to uhm

Abrams was and has always been a expensive tank to maintain, it was designed for Us Army requirements which puts into very different position then other tanks in the world.

Thats why most Nato countries prefers Leopard2 over Abrams, but this doesnt mean Abrams is a bad tank by any means.

Only US can use and maintain them properly due to budget costs.

2 Likes