M1A2 SEP V2 doesnt have better LFP armour

Even maintained properly i remember reading the statistics that during some desert storm 1/3 tanks were always unavailable

Its close to a point its unusable especially anywhere outside the US

Don’t feed the troll, for real. He will get tired and leave if nobody interacts with him. He’s a rabid tankie and will do anything to derail this topic, such as going into maintenance when the topic is about the tank armor.

4 Likes

Same goes for many tanks and vehicles in that case.

They didnt have any experience in that kind of environment so any problem that came out was actually quite normal, they learned from their mistakes and improved the Abrams over the years, just like any other country.

İt is and can be usable any different environment, that statement is compeletly wrong btw.

1 Like

Oh didnt realized he was troll, if thats the case then no need argue with him.

3 Likes

Yeah, save your time and effort. The man immediately jumps into this topic with one of his very first posts by saying Western tanks suck because a few dozen were lost in Ukraine. He’s baiting hard to derail the discussion. He’s a caricature of the soyjak tankie memes you can find online with piles of T-tanks burning in the background.

6 Likes

Iraq swapped their M1A1s for T-90Ss for geopolitical reasons, of which I won’t discuss. A simple google search gives more than enough information.

1 Like

Strona said about Abrams that they will talk about it in a future devblog. This waiting kills me slowly like fire without FPE

4 Likes

And he won’t get either spall liner…

15 Likes

received_1086499442378292

6 Likes

It’s all great stuff, but I fear he’ll end up making suitable excuses and postponing the reinforcement. I’m too anxious to sleep these days. Please, Gaijin.

7 Likes

Its almost sounds like they are going to have an entire devblog on how the Abrams never had DU hull armor or better hull armor in general.

19 Likes

I don’t think it states what generation of DU. The PDF I have has where it’s applied which is lower front plate turret cheeks not the mantlet. It’s just an application for a renewed licence to own radioactive materials filed with the NRC and states all turrets with a serial number ending in U have DU components.The document is from 2006 and some of it is dated 2001. So, im going to assume its for whatever generation of DU was around then. Also it’s a bit unrelated but the weight difference in weight between m1a2 and m1a2sep (not sepv2) is around 1.1 ton and the sep goes 42mph where the m1a2 is 41.5 mph :)

2 Likes

Noooo Gif - IceGif

1 Like

I hope you’re wrong :,-(

2 Likes

I mean, compared to the paragraph about Stinger and Mistral it doesn’t sound as dismissive.

2 Likes

Best you can get is 50mm more armor on top what it has

It is interesting that the USA, before the tests in Greece, developed two types of special armor without DU and the US army most likely had access to the armor of other tanks, but these documents were cleared.

2 Likes

Or they’re going to do an M60A1 mantlet style devblog - they’ll improve the hull armor of the Abrams, but by like 50 mm or so, just like they did with the M60A1 LMAO (it’s still not correct and should have a minimum of 330 mm armor according to Godman_82’s extensive research)

3 Likes

Thank you so much Count trackula, maybe there will be actual accuracy to the abrams family of tanks

1 Like