M1A2 SEP V2 doesnt have better LFP armour

Mmm, sure love that fake weakspot for autocannons and HEATFS

HEATFS should be crushed

Did you manage to BUY an Abrams? Can I have a turn when you’re done?

1 Like

If I did, I would definitely share! XD

Have pay for your own fuel tho.

According to the 1999-2001 Greek trials the Challenger E had worse protection then the M1A2 with the Improved FMS (non-DU armour).

For reference, it also performed the worst out of the 4 western tanks that competed.

…and it still beat the T-80U. XD

SEPv2 uses the same HAP-3 as the M1A2 SEP, and M1A1 AIM uses HAP-2 like the standard M1A2.

The in game AIM is the Australian AIM which is actually an AIMv2/SA meaning it also had HAP-3 (non-DU of course).

1 Like

Yep. Even Australian Government sources state that it’s got improved hull armor.

2 Likes

There is literally no excuse to not better the Abrams.

The M1A1 AIM’s armour is also interesting, I wonder what is meant by the claim that the non-DU armour even has better protection against some threats:

yea, the T-80U performed quite poorly in those trials, which is saying something, I am not sure what the Vicker’s team did but the Chally was no where near up to par for western/British standards, for instance it lost a huge amount of its rubber track pads whilst just trying to climb an obstacle.

That said I feel bad for the French mains, those trials claim the Leclercs armour was similar then the Challenger 2Es.

2 Likes

I had forgotten that, I was accustomed to thinking the M1A1 AIM and M1A1HC were the same.

Export Abrams still use HAP, not EAP. There has been little to no substantiation as to armor removal or downgrading for export purposes, and even current day Saudi militants are using M1A2s with HAP arrays.

The export armour is not HAP-2/3, i.e. they do not use HAP, they use a non-DU variant that is suppose to be comparable to HAP, although how comparable is unknown as we have nothing on that.

Regardless it is not HAP as HAP specifically stands for Heavy Armor Package i.e. HAP is only for tanks that received DU, export variants do not receive HAP they receive some type of improved FMS armour package as was noted above by Victor:

2 Likes

What the hell does Kuwait need 218 tanks for?

The ghost of Saddam and his zombie tanker army.

2 Likes

Yes, the export armor is EAP… Though as said, I cannot find any substantiation as to what uses it and when it is used.

Your first image does not state anything of the Abrams, and your second image does not speak of anything on the armor array, only listing countries with arbitrary terms.
FMS, or Foreign Military Sales, Non-DU has never been stated to be non-du explicitly, with XMPP-2083 being conclusive in the fact that the sales and distribution of DU armor does not compromise any security or confidentiality of the vehicles, nor pose any risk to those who would receive them.

Firing at Iranian ships from across the gulf? I don’t know.

The M1 is a great weapon for home self defence purposes i.e. I think everyone should get one XD.

But yea as Count stated, Kuwait bought those tanks in 1992, so right after they were invaded by Iraq.

1 Like

A great caveat for it being a squadron and hopefully BRs are fixed at high tier and its sorted to be lower than the HC. As of right now every abrams post M1 is about the same lol

First comment to me

Export Abrams still use HAP, not EAP.

vs now:

Yes, the export armor is EAP…

Foreign Military Sales, Non-DU has never been stated to be non-du explicitly

The first image literally states it is non-DU i.e. non-DU meaning no DU is contained within the armour package:

the U.S. government’s refusal to allow export of the depleted uranium armorpackage.

We have learned how to use materials and geometry to improve the armor protection from previous generations without having to get into the DU (depleted uranium) material.

Non-DU in and of itself explicitly means it has no DU… This is likewise why the KE-W round was created i.e. a non-DU tank round for use with export M1s. Also the second image I gave you literally states at the top they do not have DU. The improved FMS specifically does not have DU in the armour which is why it is also called FMS and not Heavy armour/special armour package.

with XMPP-2083 being conclusive in the fact that the sales and distribution of DU armor

Can you shoot me a link for XMPP-2083.

M1a1 and m1a2 should both get the DU armor the Department of the Army applied for a licence renewal for the radioactive material in 2006

3 Likes