M109: The King of Battle

Russia has some too, your point? These dont fire just them, they can use older basic HE ammunition, just like any other suggested. Adding these shells wouldnt be balanced, no matter to who and in what way.

Image or video evidence? Otherwise nothing is proven and therefore only hear/say?!
Similar to the ERA armor, which is only present on Russian tanks in the game and in reality is made of sheet metal and rubber.

@_Remo
“I have never seen it so it cant exist!”

3BV3, accepted into service since 1981, 2S19 wasnt even planned that time period.
Can be used even by 2S3, other 152mm guns too.
Soviet 420mm, 203mm, 180mm, 240mm have thermalnuclear rounds as well.

Um Israel, China, Britain,France, USA???
Open the game and see these nations have them (you have only premiums and no researched TTs except Germany lol)
I know to which case you refer to and I can say its a disinformation, the examined ERA blocks were from destroyed T-80 that one side was constantly taking scraps from for quite a time, thus ERA blocks not having explosive reactive blocks, as these were earlier removed to put on their own tanks. That has been proven on English YouTube channel if i remember right.
Effectiveness of K-5 has been long proven, West has been making new rounds just to combat it, same with Relikt, though effectiveness of last is not known to public, at least in details.

Oh god enough with the soviet BS … there’s already far enough vehicles in that tech tree. It’s about time to fill the enormous gaps in the other nations.

2 Likes

Not saying other nations shouldnt recieve stuff, just saying if more artilery gets added into other TTs, i see a way of adding these. After all I have seen interesting suggestions of artileries for other TTs, so why not suggest something as well.

Nice picture of a packaged grenade, but it’s not much more than that. 👍🏻🤷🏽‍♂️

Then to supplement ERA:
Only with the Russian models do they work better in the game (not in the garage) than shown.
When it comes to evidence regarding videos, there is now more than one that points to the lack of the explosive component.
It’s also easy to see that even if it’s there, it doesn’t seem to work nearly as well as it should.
The best example was being shot at with a DM11.
But we should get back to the topic.

If they were modeled to have % they take from penetration that would only benefit them. I think theres more than enough videos with tests to show that i am right. If you think other ERAs underperform make a bug report (trusted sources only)

Nice video of some test, did they use only one they made? :) (judging by what video info says, it never even seen battle and only 20 such cannons were made lul.)

It was also made clear that’s a disinformation.

Also to the Germany they could add PzH 2000 (and its prototypes), SP70 (might be getting name wrong)
548px-Panzerhaubitze_70

Have you seen the video where the DM11 flew into the side of the T90 or T72?
In the video there were no signs of contact armor counter-reaction to the DM11 impact!
The crew was lucky to survive, at least the driver.
Because Russian tanks normally have the habit of throwing away the turret when hit.

It’s not like there are already a dozen test vehicles in the German TT

I didnt, just as you didnt see call out on the video claiming theres no explosives in russian ERAs, but as you said, lets get to topic.

Im just making suggestion of artilery pieces that could be added, yes TTs can be big, but artilery pieces are rare to find, if everyone got some artilery pieces, it would only open up new room to add some.
Britain can get AS-90, Italy can get PzH2000, Germany can get PzH2000 and SP-70, Japan can have Type -99, France can get AMX30 AUF F2, USSR can get 2S19 (maybe even 2S35 but unlikely)
You can add things to list, just a suggestion.

The option already exists today, but there are only a few usable cards for it.
We optimistically have maybe 5 maps in the game that would allow the use of indirect fire.
Too many small maps and too many city maps.
So basically going into direct fire combat with a huge tank again, which isn’t any fun either.

Thats true, though what to go in into battle is choice of a player, artilery would be situational, just as most TDs are.

Im not talking about a system like WOT, I personally don´t like it, IRL the artillery obiously don´t work like in WOT

I know at first hand what happen to a tank when you shoot an 155mm 45kg (8kg of TNT) HE to the face but in game doesn´t work like is needed that´s why I want an indirect fire system or a self spotting drone.
And yes we have scout drones in game who can help Atillery tank with long range shots but sadly in game the artillery tanks doesn´t have the abillity to use drones, thats why im talking about some semi-real artillery system. In game the artillery are presented like a face to face tank destroyer and this put you on a tremendous disadvantage (for now due the game doesn´t work like is needed to face and oblierate enemy tank with an 155mm howitzer) and since the in game map are designed for face to face combat wich is not bad but not realistic at all.
That´s why I talk about some special further spawn zone for cold war era SPH who can shoot indirectly to a zone of the map, I did that with the Type 75 SPH on top tier when the map is huge and I can tell you I kill at least 2 tanks and without Laser Range finder (playing with a friend who mark me where the enemy are where having drones for SPH tanks can solve this issue).
And yes a system for Indirect Fire need to encounter a balance within the game but having CAS on ground battles is going to be eaasy to counter the artillery.
So in the game are the resources already but Gaijin dont put it together to make the SPH more playeable. And thats why I want some type of Indirect fire system or some spotting system for SPH tanks wich in real life and real combat they are in batteries of 3, 4, 5 or more SPH and indirect fire the enemy when a “spotter” or allied tank/infantery call for a strike in X, X, X. Coords.
So a self spotting drone can be a step foward for a more playeable style for SPH tanks.

Sweden has had the Bkan in the techtree for a long time now.

1 Like

I never said id didn’t have any at all, i’m just saying that other nations are getting a second one, so why would Sweden not also get their second one?

Sweden already has two, and by far the best one. They’re also unique and not just copy pasted over several trees.

1 Like

Sweden only has one in normal tech tree? not two.

it has one premium. They have two.

exactly, premium. i have talked about normal tree. i.e not paid.
Sweden only has one.

Sweden has two. Your unwillingness to pay doesn’t mean that arty doesn’t exist.