Lower Italian navy BR to a proper level

You have to divide 6.3 dreadnoughts and 6.7 ~ 7.0 modernized ones. XD. Recently I really having fun with Duilio and Cavour but man Doria and Dante really easy to explode

Duilio and Cavour has some misleading armour… if one watches very carefully, there are 2 different plates after the main one (the earlier version had 1) and they are thicker than the earlier versions and very sloped. From 220-250mm it goes to about 300mm , but sloped. It’s very hard to notice them while checking them, as they are very close to one another.

They can be quite tanky if angled. Earlier version are indeed a little…squishy

I can’t find where you said. Can you give me screenshot of those ‘300 mm’?

250mm (external belt | vertical) + 40mm (angled at 60°, about 75mm effective armour in a broadside ) + 24mm (angled at 40° or so, about 40mm effective armour in a broadside) = 314mm theoretical -------) 366mm practical vertical armour (but it could be considered even more as it has 3 layers to [in theory] decap the shells).

This is in the center of the ship - at the forward and rear part, the inner armour is sless sloped and less armoured (230mm instead of 250mm), so it’s s little less

1 Like

Ah you mean turtleback inside. Well they were not as good as 300 mm solid plate (40 mm can be overmatched by 283 mm guns and 45 mm can be overmatched by 320 mm guns) but still they work as their thickness minimum so not bad. Also module layout of Cavour and Duilio is better than Japanese and Alaska/Kronshtadt currently so we can call Italian 6.7 battleships quite tanky.

Every single Italian ship is over BR’d IMHO.

The ship balancing is all over the place, so many ships under or overtiered, but particularly for France and Italy.

1 Like

currently grinding italy blue water with the aviere from a while back, got the Trento and the first 5.7 cruiser. I was just wondering how do y’all feel about the BR placements of these cruisers. The Trento at 5.3 has its quirks, but what about the non 203mm slingers? 5.7 italy seems really strong with their 8sec reloads and okayish armor layouts. i am inexperienced with naval though so this is coming from a newbie.

The 5.7 cruisers are quite good imo particularly the Duca.

I’m a brit main so excuse my comparison being brit cruiser focused but at the same br Duca gets more, and IMO better guns, with a shorter reload and better armour compared to the british 203mm’s.

Compared to British 6-inch armed ships (of which 1 is tt) you get more guns, better armour with slightly thinner on ammo-racks, again a shorter reload.

They are in my opinion, rather good ships for 5.7 particularly.