Low effort gap fillers for the top of the UK ground tech tree

Hello everyone, today I would like to put forward a proposal for the British tech tree, in order to fill the gaping holes in our light tank line, that has been that present in the game for several years now. The most pressing pressing areas being the light tank/ IFV areas of the tree at high tiers. Below are are few well-known previous suggestions that would fill the line, with a focus on vehicles where both the weapons system and chassis are already present in game, resulting in minimum dev time in order to implement them.

Firstly we have the Alvis Stormer 30, which is a stormer chassis already in-game equipt with the Hitfirst 30 turret also currently present in-game in the form of the VCC-80/30. This vehicle would solve the natural progression from the current warrior which has remained our top IFV for 5 years, and is no longer fit for purpose when up-tiered into higher brs, as the missile and gun fail to perform in comparison to peers in other nations. Full details for the vehicle can be found here : Alvis Stormer 30 - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Secondly, we have the Warrior 2 / Warrior CSP, which is a warrior IFV euipt with a new turret housing the 45mm CTWS (Cased Telescoped Weapon System). This would forfil the same role as the STRV 90s currently present in the Swedish tech tree, whilst also providing Britian a good gun based IFV in a similar vein to say the puma or aforementioned STRV 90s. Again it is linked here if you are curious: Warrior 2 / Warrior CSP - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Finally, we have SPAA to fill the gap in the British air defence line the Alvis Ltd - Stormer Air Defence. This is a stormer chassis equipt with either a 30mm gau 13 or 25mm gau 12 minigun along with 8 stinger missiles, which would be a more viable SPAA then the ones currently represented in game. The stormer chassis and weapons systems are both already present in game, so only a turret requires to be modelled. Again this vehicle can be found here: Alvis Ltd - Stormer Air Defence. - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

These vehicles would serve as a quick stopgap to the existing tree, to allow other vehicles time to be modelled, whilst also filling the current gap in the tree. I would love to hear your opinions. Please remain on topic, as this is the easiest way to rectify issues with the tree presently, so keep discussion on topic if possible.

36 Likes

Great suggestions. Would happily take all 3

7 Likes

Huge fan of all of these, especially the Stormer AD, and all CTA systems are close to my heart. Would love 'em.

7 Likes

I’ve updated the tags on this to include ground vehicles and ground forces as it was alittle hard to find without it.

4 Likes

thanks bud

Warrior 2 would be great, offers an effective option with a fair br, and the same turret means the implementation of Ajax at a later date can be made easier.

4 Likes

We really need these vehicles, as they’ll fill major gaps which exist within the tree. I hope we are able to drum up enough support so that the devs can consider these, as they are easy to add and will make a big difference for the UK ground forces

1 Like

Seems like the Warrior CSP just got passed to the devs

5 Likes

I just saw!! This list is awesome! Thank you

2 Likes

This is a good first step. I know that there tend to be more people interested in what gets passed than simply what is suggested, so ideally this shows people that there are readily available options for the British tree’s deficiencies.

3 Likes

Hence it being put forward, as right now the brits are gagging for anything that will work when they are in a literal ocean of options

3 Likes

something Colerend posted on the discord the other day which is relevent

2 Likes

All three seem like much needed additions

1 Like

The brits are gagging for any light tanks, the Stormer 30 would be an immediate improvement over what they currently have and both parts of it are presently in game.

Rediscovered an old thread on the SPF about the GE Blazer turret the Stormer AD used, which could also be used on some American vehicles, making it an even easier addition as the model can be transplanted across various vehicles.

2 Likes

once you go down the export hole, its a never ending story ;)

1 Like

Aye, especially if it has anything to do with CVR(T)s ;)

The good thing is that hey often use the same chassis and weapon systems, so once Gaijin models one, they can mix and match

Until a decision is made, any chance they can buff the handling of the Bosvark, seeing it’s supposed to be one of the vehicles you have to use to conduct SPAA duties up to 8.3?

The turn radius and power/torque is awful. I got hung up a rock on a slight incline and it took me a good 2 minutes to get free, even though it’s 6x6. It’s long wheel base coupled with a horrible turning radius, made in almost impossible to move off the rock as I was limited to extremely small increments to leverage it against the ground trying to get traction.

It’s impossible to use within urban areas as it’ can’t turn around unless it’s a large area and the reverse speed is awful.

true it feels like they put low effort into their british tanks at higher br

Much approved!